Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds good!

Comment

1st problem was I bought a to big piece of meat for my crock pot. I have it going low and slow. If it is not ready in time for dinner tonight I will eat it when I get home from the bar!

Comment

yum..sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          How long should I expect it to cook for? I have never cooked with a crock pot before so this will be an adventure.
          I've been using a 3 lb chunk and putting it on low for 8 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            I've been using a 3 lb chunk and putting it on low for 8 hours.
            I had a 5.5 lb one, but it would not fit. I had to cut it in half and I put it on at about 12:30pm. I am going to let it go for awhile.

Comment

Can you cook it on low for to long? How do you know when it is done?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                Can you cook it on low for to long? How do you know when it is done?
                Yes you can, I put some in too late one day and let it run overnight. It ended up pretty tough. 8 hours seems to be great but it's probably done before that. I just pull it out, shred it up with two forks, and then throw it back in. If it doesn't shred properly it's not done.

Comment

Ok.....I just couldn't stand it. Started a 5 pound butt this morning in the crock pot..

Cooked it on hi for 8 hours, then pulled it apart and put it back in for 2 on low heat...

Rubbed it with Pork Seasoning, Some mesquite rub...Added 1 cup of water, some Worcestershire sauce (1/4 cup), and poured alittle Stubbs moping sauce in the water, Salt and Pepper, and a dash of apple cider vinegar...Oh, and some brown sugar sprinkled on top of the butt...

When I removed it to shred, I poured the liquid into a seperate bowl, added the shredded meat back to the crock pot, strained the liquid back in so I could get rid of the fat pieces and let simmer for about 2 more hours....

OMG....It was freakin great...

Comment

I'm going to the store tomorrow. After all these posts I HAVE to try this!

Comment

Tried this recipe a couple nights ago on some wild hog and came out great!

Comment

Cooking this today.

Comment

Got a 3 pound butt roast in the crock pot right now! This is about the third or fourth time I've made this recipe and its been great every time!

Should be done around 11:00 tonight, just in time for lunch!

Comment

awesome

Comment

I use one Mccormick pulled pork packet, 1/4 cup of water, and 2-3 cups Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ sauce. It's a favorite around here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pp1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	23918549

Name:	pp2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	23918550

Name:	pp3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	23918551

Comment

My heb don't carry that mccormicks.. will shop around some more.. thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X