Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callahan, Coleman, Runnels, Taylor, Shackelford, Nolan...3rd Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a pretty good weekend in Coleman. I killed a big doe Thursday night, one of the kiddos got his first deer Saturday morning and my brother got a beautiful 8 point this AM!

Comment

Saw a buck with a doe, couple small bucks and the 8pt I took. Looks like ruts winding down

Comment

Was out there over the wkd. Mature bucks were locked up with does and staying away from the feeders. Had an exciting encounter while riding the ranger around Friday midday. We came around a corner and a 150+ buck was standing up not 30 yds and his doe was laying down next to him. Right as we saw him and he saw us, he laid down and put his head on the ground too. My buddy freaked and jumped out with his gun and completely missed him. We had never seen that buck on camera. All in all, 4 does were shot. We have a ton of hogs and coyotes this year too. I think 3 yotes were killed Saturday morning, 1 pig.

Comment

Callahan-Fisher

Closed the horn season out early this season. Started in Callahan Co. back in Oct. Did 42 sits for the month with 2 blown opportunities. Clipped the widow on the ground blind twice. Regrouped for the rifle opener and started scoring right away. The General was first on the list. Big six w/kicker that has been around forever. Managed to hit him high in the neck clipping the window on the blind 10/30. Closed him out 11/5 with the Rem 700 30-06 at 90yds, 150gr ballistic tip up under the ribs hard quartering away. You can see the bad hit on his neck from earlier that week.
          Next was Hard 8. Caught him the morning of 11/14 having a scrap with another buck we call Picket Fence. Picket is on my sons list so he got the walk. Shoulder shot with the Tikka T3 .270 and I'm done in Callahan Co.
          Head to Fisher Co. 11/19 for my buck called Chocolate Thunder. Old 10pt with a kicker. He showed on 11/20 at 5:12pm. 300yd shot with the Rem 25-06 and 5 yards later...Chocolate Thunder is being winched into the back of the back of the truck. Just been one of those seasons.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Abilenehogman1 View Post
            Closed the horn season out early this season. Started in Callahan Co. back in Oct. Did 42 sits for the month with 2 blown opportunities. Clipped the widow on the ground blind twice. Regrouped for the rifle opener and started scoring right away. The General was first on the list. Big six w/kicker that has been around forever. Managed to hit him high in the neck clipping the window on the blind 10/30. Closed him out 11/5 with the Rem 700 30-06 at 90yds, 150gr ballistic tip up under the ribs hard quartering away. You can see the bad hit on his neck from earlier that week.

Next was Hard 8. Caught him the morning of 11/14 having a scrap with another buck we call Picket Fence. Picket is on my sons list so he got the walk. Shoulder shot with the Tikka T3 .270 and I'm done in Callahan Co.

Head to Fisher Co. 11/19 for my buck called Chocolate Thunder. Old 10pt with a kicker. He showed on 11/20 at 5:12pm. 300yd shot with the Rem 25-06 and 5 yards later...Chocolate Thunder is being winched into the back of the back of the truck. Just been one of those seasons.

Great bucks...congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Caught up with this deer tonight after 3 years of trail cam history! Pumped up!

Comment

Nice one. Congrats

Comment

Stud for sure. Congrats

Comment

great buck, congrats!

Comment

Nice! Big stud!

Comment

Sure wish I was in the stand this AM. Going to try to leave around lunch tomorrow or soon after.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                          Caught up with this deer tonight after 3 years of trail cam history! Pumped up!

Congrats

Comment

Great deer.

Comment

What is everyone’s thoughts in regard to age for these two?

Comment

I’m thinking 4.5 and 5.5. Nice deer!

Comment

Working...
                                X