school me on 3 point sprayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

school me on 3 point sprayers

looking for recommendations. I have a 16 acre field i need to spray gly, fertilizer, etc on.
    boom? boomless? size? 6-7-8 roller pump? best brand?
    thanks!

anyone?

Comment

How often will you use the sprayer.

16 acres if you use a 60 gallon sprayer you could refile up to 3 times.

I mix my solution to use 60 gallons of water over about 5 acres.

Comment

I used to rent a trailer mounted spray rig from the local feed/seed dealer that sold chemicals and fertilizer. Large capacity and 27' boom or jet spray single nozzle ground driven sprayer.

Comment

Not a 3 point sprayer but I bought a 26 gallon boomless from northern tool. On the back of a ranger with a 40' spray pattern and 5.5 goals it comes some ground quick. I am very happy with how well it performs and also come with a wand to spot spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
            I used to rent a trailer mounted spray rig from the local feed/seed dealer that sold chemicals and fertilizer. Large capacity and 27' boom or jet spray single nozzle ground driven sprayer.
            ^this on 16 acres.

Comment

Spraying 16 acres a few times a year will be a piece of cake. If funds are available, purchasing a small 40-60 gallon sprayer would be ideal. Renting one from the feed store or co-op can sometimes be a hassle if it's booked up or in disrepair. Most pasture chemicals are meant to be sprayed at 10 gals of water per acre. Boom vs boomless depends on spray conditions. Boomless works great on calm days and is great for areas with obstacles, because you can just drive and not worry about hitting things. If wind becomes a factor, a small 10-15' boom that folds up would be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                How often will you use the sprayer.

16 acres if you use a 60 gallon sprayer you could refile up to 3 times.

I mix my solution to use 60 gallons of water over about 5 acres.
                Thanks for the info, this really helps. I expect 2-4 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                  Thought of this, but I haven't found a close enough place.

Comment

Originally posted by jwedel View Post
                    Spraying 16 acres a few times a year will be a piece of cake. If funds are available, purchasing a small 40-60 gallon sprayer would be ideal. Renting one from the feed store or co-op can sometimes be a hassle if it's booked up or in disrepair. Most pasture chemicals are meant to be sprayed at 10 gals of water per acre. Boom vs boomless depends on spray conditions. Boomless works great on calm days and is great for areas with obstacles, because you can just drive and not worry about hitting things. If wind becomes a factor, a small 10-15' boom that folds up would be ideal.

Thank you, good info.

Comment

How big is your tractor. What are you trying to grow?

I have the boom sprayer. But build a new boom and it is 11 or 13 stations with a foam system.

Comment

Id recommend continental belton sprayers for that size property... you could get away with a 50gl tank 3point set up with eco broadcast sprayer and 6roller pump with wand pretty cheap even with a new one.. and they are nice rigs... I wouldn't mess with booms on that size pasture

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                          How big is your tractor. What are you trying to grow?

I have the boom sprayer. But build a new boom and it is 11 or 13 stations with a foam system.
                          43hp, JD 4120

Comment

Dont be afraid to look at some used units on tractor house. I have a used Continental boom sprayer that works amazing. for me, boom works 10x better than boomless if only for the droplet size the efficiency of not having to fill up as often.

Comment

What are you trying to grow? If food plot it is not as critical as a high quality hay field.

As stated above droplet size is important.

Comment

Working...
                              X