X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm interested in how you do keep the pics of your sets coming

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

The Violator 7 it is just what would stick to the end of a little twig.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
        I'm interested in how you do keep the pics of your sets coming

I'm taking pics as I set them. I'm using my phone.

Comment

This is one of my sets.

Comment

I think I miss read your post since it is lacking punctuation. I'm done setting now. I'll see what the night brings. I am in the deer blind now.

Comment

My rationale for the multiple scents. I read on trapperman about people using what they call a compass set. Four holes each with a different scent in them. They are just little punch holes. There was mention of Charlie Dobbins using a set like this a long long time ago. He used three holes with chunks of corncob shoved in them to hold the scent.
              We'll see what happens. Maybe it will be a flop. I don't know.

Comment

Sorry. Ya I have to hurry an get the thoughts wrote down or I forget them lol

Comment

Really interested to see how you do!!

Heading to my lease this weekend to drop some stuff off and set up some game cameras to see what is traveling in some spots I think might be good for sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I cropped this one a lot, too.

Originally posted by brute killer View Post
                    i put a dirt hole set about fifty yards from the previous flat set. Baited with mark june widowmaker bobcat meat bait, a little coyote urine and some violator 7. The violator is skunky.
                    The picture wouldn't load.
                    [ATTACH]837847[/ATTACH]

Comment

That is a little bit of cotton flagging. I got the idea from a J. C. Connor vid.

Comment

I didn't stick that little chunk of wood there. It was already there. Dug the hole with a garden auger from Home Depot on a cordless drill.
                        It looks like it is straight down, but it is at an angle.
                        Last edited by Brute Killer; 01-26-2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                          This is one of my sets.

Why is the ground all bare like that? Dozer work?

Comment

Lease road. I'm one the side of the road. Another reason I use alot of drags. The coyote can go hide himself. But here that's what alot of this country looks like.

Comment

Hey Brute Killer
                              I have several turkey wing feathers if you want to mix up what kind of flags your using, PM me an address. Would love to see you catch on on the tire set too

I imagine trailing a drag is pretty dang exciting waiting to see who is pulling it

Comment

Well, on that one dog dropping set that the coyote marked I set it with a buried drag. It is on a road with brush on each side. And the neighbor is a long way away. Should hang up pretty quick. If one comes back.

Comment

Working...
                                X