Ideas for fathers remains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for fathers remains

His urn will be buried in a cemetery plot beside where my mom will be laid one day. The funeral home called earlier and said that there are more ashes than will fit in the urn.

Now we have to decide to get a second urn or do some sort of memorial with them.

There really is no significant place that he would have wanted that we know of. At first Mom liked the idea of planting a tree in her yard and placing the ashes under it but scratched that because she wouldn’t want to leave that behind when she decides to downsize homes.

Any ideas out there?

Bigger urn?

Comment

What about at his favorite golf course?

We spread an uncle in his favorite place to fish in matagorda.

My dad wants to be in his favorite elk killin spot.

Both my grand parents are under a big pine at the place in Houston county.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        Bigger urn?

My pops wants to be spread across east matagorda bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We all took turns spreading my dads ashes in the lake that he lived on and I think my mother took some to Alaska on our trip to spread.

Comment

I knew a guy who had someone sprinkle his ashes on Pat Dye Field at Jordan Hare Stadium at Auburn. I think they are at about the 42 yard line. After they were spread one night an account of what he had done made the rounds of email etc. It was like an announcement to Auburn fans. One part said at some point in a tight game an opposing player would build break free, be headed for the end zone and for no reason would fall flat on his face and the Auburn victory would be saved. Everyone would then know Ol’Milton ( Milton Nesbit)had reached up and taken him down to save the victory for Auburn!
            Last edited by 18ncs; 08-24-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

When I go my ashes are gonna wait until my wife passes, then I’m gonna make my final trip to ND and be buried with her. Old Sarge gonna make the trip too. If I go to heaven, gonna need him for company. If I go to hell, gonna need him for protection !

Comment

I’ve heard of people using their ashes to grow a tree

Comment

All us kids got a hollow pendant full of ashes to wear around our necks everyday. I have a bullet pendant with his ashes that I wear.

Comment

My sister has a glass blowing studio in San Antonio...Cremation Art is nothing i ever would have thought of.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      When I go my ashes are gonna wait until my wife passes, then I’m gonna make my final trip to ND and be buried with her. Old Sarge gonna make the trip too. If I go to heaven, gonna need him for company. If I go to hell, gonna need him for protection !

I like the way you think Sir!!
                      Wife and I have similar plans and Spud is coming with me for the same reasons.

One of my nephews is getting some to mix with black powder for his Hawkens rifle

Comment

Years ago on one of our annual trips to visit family in eastern North Carolina, my dad and I visited about where his final resting place should be. He had lived in Andrews for about 40 years and had friends there but the farm he was raised on is still in the family and the family cemetery on the farm is where his mother, father, a couple of his brothers, and one of his sisters is buried. I asked him if he wanted to be buried in Andrews or brought to the family farm to be with family. His response was that it would be too much trouble to have him shipped to NC for burial. My response was to jokingly say that it wouldn't be any trouble- I would carry him out there in my truck. Fast forward to 2/18/2011 and I get the call that my dad had a heart attack and had passed. So I immediately head to Andrews and find out my dad had decided to be cremated. I took possession of his ashes and that fall, when we would usually go together to visit family, dad and I made our final trip together to North Carolina. My aunt, my dad's last living sibling, three of her daughters and well as other family members and friends gathered at the family cemetery. I dug the hole for his urn, my aunt told some funny stories about my dad when he was a boy growing up at the farm, sang Amazing Grace, said a prayer, and dad was home. Now, every time I get up there, my first visit is to go see dad.

Comment

I'm sure you'll find something that is meaningful to your family, would honor your father's memory and be something that he would have appreciated. I'm not looking forward to having to make these types of decisions about my parents.

I've already figured out my own situation though. I'm gonna have Cajun Blake add my ashes to a few jars of his Ragin Blaze. I'll have my family give them as parting gifts to my best buddies. I'll leave letters, to be opened later, to explain to them that they've been sprinkling me over their eggs, steaks, etc. One last "Eat Me" for them to remember me by.

Comment

If your dads wishes is to be buried by your mother, sprinkle the extras over the grave site.

Comment

My pops wants to be spread across east matagorda bay.
                              I'll have some there as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X