2018 Matagorda county pig thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Matagorda county pig thread

In a breastfeeding class to appease the wife... Lord I wish I was in a tree stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasHunter83 View Post
      I live in Markham and have shot plenty of hogs in the El Maton area; they taste fine to me. Of course, Joey at B&S can make them taste a whole lot better. lol
      You from Markham? I grew up there.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
        In a breastfeeding class to appease the wife... Lord I wish I was in a tree stand.

Take her hog hunting and let a sow show her what breast feeding really is...

Comment

Headed down there this afternoon to dig a post sized hole and fill it with corn. Hopefully I can start to get regular visitors

Comment

Corn is out. The last pile had some hog damage around it and the corn is gone. A couple fresh pig-drilled holes by my stand as well.

Comment

Good luck! I'm going to slip into the blind around 6. My pigs are showing up around 6:30. I don't bow hunt for them. I've got a new 300 Blk and night vision.

Comment

I just slid in my make shift blind. Corn is at 30 yards, they've been showing up between 6:15 and 6:30 daily.

Comment

Like clockwork

Comment

Grew up in Danevang area..Been in Matagorda county since 1975..Just Me and wife (old folks )looking for a small lease .that we can drive to hunt and go home same day...Possible feed animals cow/and such and help now and then ..when you can't....Grew up on farm cotton/rice milo/corn we had small herd of cows so it aint my first RODEO...PM me if something available and you want Responsible people that respect land and people and wildlife...

Comment

I got skunked at my bow stand, but my brother took a shot right before dark. Turns out he missed, so we started to head back around 6:15. When we turned a corner into an opening I heard some pigs in front of us. Them suckers started coming right at us! I shined my flashlight on them for my brother to take a shot, but he couldn’t get one off. We hung tight and listened to the pigs head towards a feeder off to our right (the same one we were just looking for the pig my brother shot at). We kept listening and the pigs didn’t seem to be moving off. I grabbed the rifle and started stalking up to the feeder. When I got close enough, I lowered the light on them, but they took off running. I swung my rifle in the direction they were running and got my sight set on a black and yellow pig. As soon as it cleared a tree I dropped the hammer on him! Probably the luckiest shot I’ll ever make, but I’m still tickled pink!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Like clockwork

Nice!

Comment

Good luck. I own property on the Matagorda/Brazoria County line. I could kill pigs every night of the week. I've killed 4 in the last 4 hunts. I quit hunting because I don't feel like messing with them.

I could kill one everyday too. Have had a feeder going to year round for 3 years waiting on the deer to find it. For some reason they won’t go back to that feeder even if I turn it off for the pigs to get lost for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Caneycreek View Post
                              I could kill one everyday too. Have had a feeder going to year round for 3 years waiting on the deer to find it. For some reason they won’t go back to that feeder even if I turn it off for the pigs to get lost for awhile.

Same thing for me. I ended up just planting a couple acre food plot. Soybeans in the spring/summer and wheat and oats in the fall.

Comment

Same thing for me. I ended up just planting a couple acre food plot. Soybeans in the spring/summer and wheat and oats in the fall.

I’d love to plant a food plot but all of the land is cattle pasture or grass farm. The only area not being used is where I have the feeder, the deer don’t seem to go back there. It’s cornered by a creek. The deer come from across the street usually at night into the pasture. I’ve put corn out by hand right behind my house by a pond and they will come every day! Mostly at night.

Comment

Working...
                                X