Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like a new truck

Comment

I don't know if I would upgrading to something similar or putt any more then necessary into the current truck. If you like it, keep it! You know how your truck has been maintained and treated which is better then 90% of others for sale in most cases from what you described. I've regretted selling a few but usually get rid of something that I'm tired of throwing money at for the next person to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        I think you want a new truck, your trying to justify it. I did the same thing last spring and have not regretted my new ride.

Won’t deny it, I do want a new truck but I’m thinking buying one is a stupid decision....but I want a newer/nicer truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's your help justifying a new ride.

Do you ACTUALLY save that moey you're not spending on a NEW truck? Or does it just go toward little BS stuff i.e. eating out and other NOT ESSENTIAL small purchases?

If that's the case BUY the new truck and have something to show for that extra money that you are just blowing and have nothing to show! Just my thought process...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
            Won’t deny it, I do want a new truck but I’m thinking buying one is a stupid decision....but I want a newer/nicer truck.

The dumbazz feeling lasts about a month, then it dont matter no more. I have no regrets. You aint gonna find a used one that meets your criteria.
            Last edited by Radar; 01-12-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I couldn’t dump that much into that old of a truck so I’d be upgrading. Go drive a 2017 and you’ll not have anymore questions!!

Comment

Buy a newer used truck. Trucks depreciate. Even if you sink 12k into that 02, you will never get that back.

Comment

Do people really pay $800+ per month for a vehicle? No wonder Dave Ramsey is rich.

Comment

I wouldn’t put that much money into an older truck. Vehicles aren’t investments. They are a necessary evil. We have to have a vehicle, and one preferably that runs and is reliable. But they are a ripoff investment wise. If you can put $20k down on one, I would look for a 1-2 year old used model and buy it

Comment

If you can get another 300,000 out of it for 12k that would be 4 cents per mile. If you paid 60k for a new truck and got 300,000 miles out of it that would be 20 cents a mile. Both trucks likely would be fully depreciated. I think there is middle ground between brand new and what you have. Hopefully you find something that fits your needs that you can live with. Don't forget to factor insurance and fuel savings into equation.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        Do people really pay $800+ per month for a vehicle? No wonder Dave Ramsey is rich.
                        I know a few over 1,200 plus, not counting the insurance. All dual wheels and don't even own at least a utility trailer. Hmm.

Comment

I kinda look at it like I put 12K in my old vehicle, drive it 5 more years, saved 50k + I would have spent on the new one.

Comment

New Truck or fix up old one

Would be about $825. My CU will do 1.3%

Get a new one. I’d rather drive a gasser than a 7.3. They are sooooo loud and soooo slow that they become not fun to drive further than 60 miles at a time. With the cold weather that hit tonight it was nice to start my truck from the house and step into a truck with a heated seat and steering wheel

My dad has a 1999 7.3 and I have been after him for 10 years to get a new truck. He finally did this year and now he’s keeping his 7.3 as a farm truck cause it’s not worth getting rid of at this point. I find it much easier to trade them in when they are worth 20 to 30k.
                            Last edited by Black Ice; 01-12-2018, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Buy, sell or trade-in your car entirely online. No haggle, no pressure. Easy online financing available. Cars delivered straight to you.

Comment

I have a very nice 02 7.3. Not a dent on it but the paint could use some work....7/10. 291,000 miles but she runs just fine but does have the normal drip or two of oil. Interior is as nice as you could ask for with a 16yr old truck. I have a 60hp chip in it with factory turbo and exhaust, injectors are factory and tranny was rebuilt at 230,000.

Do I spend $12k and have the engine gone through (adding 100hp) and the paint redone or put $15-$20k down on a new one and have a $800-$825 a month payment for the next 4 years. I really like the comfort of the new trucks but I’m deathly afraid of the repair costs on all the emissions crap.

I am a big fan of the 6.9/7.3 diesel. I'd rather drive one of those with 500,000 miles on them than a new one. Just my personal opinion. If it was me in your shoes I'd keep driving it until it cratered and then drop in a new power plant.

Worst thing I ever did was trade in a 1997 F350, 7.3, four door, 4x4 up on 38's with 70k on the ticker for a newer 4runner because my first wife hated having to haul her big fat lazy butt up into the cab. That was back in 2007, guy I bought it from was the original owner and used it a few times a month to haul his boat. **** salesman must haven't let the dust settle on that truck before it got sold.

God bless and happy hunting.
                                Richard

Comment

Working...
                                X