• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
    Saw 4 does in the pasture walking out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there

Comment

So last year it was the 8,9 and the tent daysof November.

Any guess for this year?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post

Any guess for this year?
        Nov. 9, 10 and 11

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post

Any guess for this year?
          It's almost always right about then up at our place in Elkhart

Comment

Is there any relationship of moon phase with rut?

Comment

It's hard to beat sitting in a stand deep in the bottom, listening to the woods come alive little by little. Now that I can see the waiting game is on.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Got two doe Tuesday evening with the kiddos.

Comment

In the stand now. It’s a hot one today

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                    In the stand now. It’s a hot one today
                    I agree I've been in for an hour and a half and it definitely doesn't feel like I should be hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
                      I agree I've been in for an hour and a half and it definitely doesn't feel like I should be hunting.

Same here, got in at 3:30. Have hardly any evening pics but figured might as well since I was free. Can’t kill them sitting at home.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                        Hunting over a feeder I guess? If so probably why
                        Yep hunting a feeder. Havent had time to really scout our area due to work. Third year on this lease and have made 4 hunting trips and that was last season!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Mature buck are pouring into my handcorn piles right now in full light.
                          That will be next on my agenda now that i should have time to go and pile corn up. I have one good area that I think would be good but havent had a chance to scout it for scrapes and rubs yet, hopefully soon! Thanks for the response!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                            Private land: move right in their living room and put 50 pounds of corn in a pile (aka hand corn) put a camera on it and check it in a week. Helps if there are rubs and scrapes in the area.

NF find their living room and then find the closest oak trees that are producing acorns. Look for rubs and scrapes. Put trail cam out and check back in a week.

Once you get pics in either case wait for the right wind and go get him. You may only get the right wind for a handful of days all season. If you blow him out he gone.
                            Sounds good! Hopefully I will be able to work on that here soon when I get back out there! Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Just spent 2 days/2 nights camped out on NE Texas public with my son. Hunting was really good on Weds, Saw 4 does and about 20 good adult size pigs. All from the ground. One good Trophy Boar close to 175lbs. Had a big black mane on him. Does stayed about 80 yards out. Pigs came in to 10 yards. Came to full draw and hit a goat weed with the end of my arrow and spooked the pigs off. Thursday we did not see anything until the drive back home. Saw a bunch of deer feeding on the side of the highway bout 915 tonight. Forgot how fun that is. Kicking back under the star lit night drinking beer by the campfire. Going back again next week during the dark phase.

Comment

Just want to see if yall had the same kind of days. Wed AM, cool, a little windy, lots of animal activity, deer moving, birds singing...you get the idea.
                                Thurs AM, quiet, cool, deathly quiet, no birds singing, nothing but squirrels moving.

Were yalls days the same or was it just mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X