Rick Welch shooting school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick Welch shooting school

I want to sharpen my skills up a bit so I'm going to Rich Welch shooting school next month. Has anyone been? If so, what did you think?

I have attended a 2 day session.. You won't regret it, I would pay double the price knowing what i know now.. Changed my life as far as trad archery goes. If someone has been taught how to tune correctly and correct form etc etc they may not have as much of a transformation as I did. But looking back I can't thank the guy enough for the help he gave me even though I did pay for it.. Good luck, and be sure you have been shooting a lot before you go because you will be shooting quit a bit with Rick!

Comment

Originally posted by ChadMR82 View Post
      I want to sharpen my skills up a bit so I'm going to Rich Welch shooting school next month. Has anyone been? If so, what did you think?
      In for more info... Really interested and would appreciate contact info for the school.

Comment

Rick@dakotabows.com

Comment

If the schools were a little closer. When I first started My wife and I talked a lot about attending one of his classes. For what I researched and heard he is a real deal teach. At some point I may still go as I know there is a lot left for me to learn. Hope you enjoy it, and do a respond once you get back.

Comment

I will review it for sure. I did rod Jenkins school few years ago and it was great, but I probably only shot a dozen arrows in it. Plus I had a newborn at home when I did rod Jenkins class and my shooting time was nonexistent. Still a great class, just bad timing for me when I did it plus my trad archery journey was still in the new phase. I have improved a lot and have a lot more confidence now. I have a few animals under my belt now and ready to take my shooting to the next level. I figure I spend money on bows, arrows and hunting trips so I might as well spend money on improving my skills.

Comment

Basically I had nothing tuned to hit where I was looking and my form was wrong. I was doing things that would have taken years to figure out on my own if I ever would have.. Things like pulling my head away on release etc etc.. I would shoot every day at home and could not hit consistently from day to day.. I did start trying his three under release and other things I had read that he teaches so I was not going to be making huge changes when I arrived... I will tell ya this I could not hit 15 yds with confidence before going and by the second day me and Rick were both shooting 3D targets together out to 50+ yds and i mean stacking them where we wanted them.. I was amazed, for me it didn't take much just the right person to get me tuned up and my form correct.

Comment

I went for a weekend one on one class with Rick a few years ago, and it was worth every penny. It gave me much more confidence in my shooting.

Comment

Tell him I said hello is it worth it well some say yes some say no it will depend on you and how bad you want to actually shoot where you look I have been everywhere looking for info on Trad what he gives you isn't in any book so injoy go with a open mind .

Comment

Never been but sure would like to one day. I heard good stuff from those that have been. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                      Never been but sure would like to one day. I heard good stuff from those that have been. Good luck!
                      Corey,

i'm going to go ahead and say it.. you can't go. I don't need you to whip me any worse on a 3D range.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielb89 View Post
                        Corey,

i'm going to go ahead and say it.. you can't go. I don't need you to whip me any worse on a 3D range.
                        Now you know I can't beat you! You always get me by a point or two lol

Comment

I think you're memory has flipped. Remember what happened this last summer at Tannehill? I shot a 230, you added wrong and had shot a 222. I was glad to beat you. When I readded your score you had actually shot a 231.. what a JERK!!! HAHA!

I can't wait to be back out there on that course with you! Fun times!

Comment

Originally posted by Danielb89 View Post
                            I think you're memory has flipped. Remember what happened this last summer at Tannehill? I shot a 230, you added wrong and had shot a 222. I was glad to beat you. When I readded your score you had actually shot a 231.. what a JERK!!! HAHA!

I can't wait to be back out there on that course with you! Fun times!
                            Yeah you shoulda seen the look on your face lmao! Good times for sure

Comment

I do know this, I just traded one of my ILF rigs for a Dakota Pro hunter and its the fastest custom ive shot to date......

Comment

Working...
                              X