No announcement yet.

The Mountains Are Calling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it was fun. But we are all eating tag soup tonight. Bring on WT season!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all be safe heading home guys!! I was pulling for ya but it was so cool for me just to be there. I had never been in the mountain and I feel like the first 2 days I spent just wandering around in awe of everything lol. When I got home it almost felt weird walking on a floor, and not having to use my headlight to do everything!!

Comment

Well maybe y'all didn't draw blood, but looked like a successful trip to me

Have a safe trip home and thanks for taking us along, enjoyed following

Comment

Rolling back to God's Country. Will do a writeup on Monday or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            Well, it was fun. But we are all eating tag soup tonight. Bring on WT season!!!!

Some of the best hunts I have been on were in the mtns, and did not end up with a kill!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm proud of you guys for "representin' " the trad "community" on this semi-epic adventure! Smiling when I say this, but seriously glad for y'all. Maybe spill some blood next time, but it was inspiring just to see the pictures. Really makes me want to go -- maybe with the Old Farts in a couple of years, if not before. Thanks for sharing pics and info along the way!

Looking forward to Swampy's full wrap-up.

Comment

Semi-epic???
                On a list of about 100 things we expected/wanted to accomplish we did everything except 1!!!! It was an amazingly EPIC adventure!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                  Semi-epic???
                  On a list of about 100 things we expected/wanted to accomplish we did everything except 1!!!! It was an amazingly EPIC adventure!!

Heck yeah!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Semi-epic = no kill!!!!! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Semi-epic = no kill!!!!! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

And no one in the party was mauled by a bear.[emoji6]

Gary

Comment

Semi epic

Totally ******* ****** epic adventure

Comment

No disrespect intended on the "semi-epic" note. If you read the next line, it pointed out that I was smiling.

However, I do try to resist hyperbole in writing. For example: "actual-epic" (as opposed to "semi-epic") might include the following: hand-to-paw wrestling of a grizzly bear, killing and skinning him with one hand while the other was locked in his jaws(black bear would only qualify as "semi"); chasing down a bull elk on foot and inflicting a mortal wound with a pair of fingernail clippers; defending an elk kill against a pack of huge wolves imported from Canada using only a Mojo dove decoy and a pack of chewing gum.

That kind of stuff would be truly-all-the-way-Epic.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            And no one in the party was mauled by a bear.[emoji6]

Gary

Well...I won’t name names but one of our group snores “a little”. The first or second night there I had just dozed off when I hear rusty holler “is that a bear”??? I’m frantically scrambling for my pistol, which I can’t find in the dark, or my flashlight, but luckily...there was no bear. Just the snorer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was epic.

Thanks for sharing the pic with the rest of us.

Comment

Epic hunt, y'all! Awesome setting, as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X