No announcement yet.

The Mountains Are Calling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m having the time of my life up here. I’ve seen a ton of deer, mostly does but a few bucks too and a couple nice ones. I just haven’t been able to make it happen. With that said I haven’t had a single hunt where I’ve gotten skunked. I’ve seen mule deer every time I went out. Tomorrow will be day 10 for rusty and I and we’re tired!! I’m gonna hunt in the morning then start loading up tomorrow afternoon. We’ll head back to east Texas first thing Thursday morning. Jeff and Scott are planning to stay another day or two after we leave. I can say this will be a great memory regardless of whether or not I use this tag. My current view!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good times. . . No wonder we go back every year! We always try to make it a point to talk to the cowboys in our area. They always know where the elk have been, and sometimes are. We had them down to our camp for supper one evening the first weekend.

Skooter

Comment

Good times guys enjoy the hunt!

Comment

Last morning. I’ve seen several more mulie does and Scott and Jeff got on some elk yesterday evening but it didn’t end with a shot opportunity. I’ve got a couple more hours this morning then headed to camp to start getting a few things packed and loaded for the drive home tomorrow.

Comment

Best action so far. Saw an elk the previous night at a point on a small flat top hill. Sat at the base of an opposite slope waiting to see if they would come out those woods again. Would then be setup for a 90 yard stalk across a field, with a good wind though.

Glassing selfie about an hour before a small herd of elk came crashing down this ridge right across this feild towards me.

They were 40 yards away... just out of range... but the kicker was... it was where I had been sitting, but moved to get a better view of the whole meadow! ... oh well, thats trad bowhunting!

Got a couple more days to make something happen.

My biggest disappointment is not seeing grouse

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Rabbits?? Lol

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Stick with it; have faith; good luck!

Comment

And then there were two... Jeff and I are the last of the group still here. No elk seen this morning.

Total miles for me on foot is 27... with plenty of elevation change

Comment

Wish I was in the mountains, best of luck to you guys finish strong

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      And then there were two... Jeff and I are the last of the group still here. No elk seen this morning.

Total miles for me on foot is 27... with plenty of elevation change

Did Ryan and Rusty at least leave their deer tags with you? Lol

Comment

Good luck guys!! We’re south of Amarillo. We will be at Rusty’s around midnight, and I’ll be home around 3 A.M..

Comment

Just passed through Quanah a little bit ago. I got Rusty driving so I’m sight seeing.

Comment

I want to go there just for the scenery! Man it’s pretty up there!
                            Make them Bleed Scott and Jeff! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                              I want to go there just for the scenery! Man it’s pretty up there!
                              Make them Bleed Scott and Jeff! Good luck

It’s awesome!! I’ve got my wife talked into a camping trip already for July. AKA scouting for next year!!

Comment

Last day. Happy Birthday Jeff!

Comment

Working...
                                X