Wind damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind damage

Closed on my very first home Friday. The fiancé and I worked around the house all weekend doing minor things and this is what it looks like after last night... If I didn't have horrible luck I wouldn't have luck at all It was a mighty proud feeling walking out of the title office Friday after spending most of my life savings on the down payment. Guess it won't hurt to spend the rest on the insurance deductible after owning it for 3 days.

There are several water spots in the ceiling
    Attached Files

crud....

Comment

man that stinks but congrats on your first home.

Comment

That sucks man! Will insurance still take care of it all for you??

Comment

Originally posted by czechaholic View Post
          That sucks man! Will insurance still take care of it all for you??
          Yes they will. Ive already made a claim.

Comment

That sucks, looks like your not the only one though.

Comment

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
              That sucks, looks like your not the only one though.
              The tornado went straight between my house and the one behind me. I can't believe it happened 3 days after I closed but at least this isn't mine...
              Attached Files

Comment

You shouldn't have to come out of your pocket for the deductible unless you have more than 1%. I'm in the roofing business up in DFW and I can answer any questions you might have about your claim. Shoot me a pm if ya need my number.

Comment

Better make sure and cover the areas where water could possibly get in if it rains again. Most insurance companies will not cover further damages if you do not try to prevent them. A staple in almost every insurance policy on homes.

Comment

Sorry for the damage, glad every body is OK

Comment

Oh man that is bad luck. Sorry man. Glad noone was hurt.

Comment

Man that is CRAZY!!!

Best of luck to you with that!

lot of great folks on the GS here that can help, if you need, ASK.

Comment

Dang brother!!! Sorry to here this. Man Portland, Gregory area got hammered!!! Heard reports of 15" near bayside. 6" at my shop and Dawson has emptied out 13.7" in Portland

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                            Dang brother!!! Sorry to here this. Man Portland, Gregory area got hammered!!! Heard reports of 15" near bayside. 6" at my shop and Dawson has emptied out 13.7" in Portland
                            Yeah its pretty crazy. My future FIL was a cat adjuster years ago so he will come along for the claim. I hope it gets taken care of the right way.

Comment

congrats on the house, sorry for the damage, could have always been worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X