SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
    Rumor is 2 book of faces hunters may of given up the sport after today’s hunt .
    Why is that haha?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Heard couple hunters got lost had to bring in authorities to hold there hand and help them find there way out.,

Comment

Heard couple hunters got lost had to bring in authorities to hold there hand and help them find there way out.,

I just almost ran off the road. Lol

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] That's hilarious. Gotta love some of these hunters. I saw a guy the other day in a ground blind, 200 yards from the main road, ON the fs road (which is used by people with an easement, so it's driven on) in a popup blind. And to top it off he had no hunter orange on. I was at a complete loss for words. Also, saw a stand set up about 70 yards from a public/private boundary, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 150 yards the law of the land there? I keep hearing an ongoing debate between that and 50, and I know this hasn't been the first time it's been brought up.

Comment

I got lost the first time I hunted out there. My flashlight quit working at 5:30 am. I had a compass so I figured my way out. I was so mad!

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
              I got lost the first time I hunted out there. My flashlight quit working at 5:30 am. I had a compass so I figured my way out. I was so mad!
              I don't get lost, I get curious and go exploring

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                I don't get lost, I get curious and go exploring

I’ve done that too.

I bet those knuckleheads were Duck Dynasty products and have zero clue about anything outdoors related. They’ll probably sue the Outdoor Channel for giving them the idea that there’s a monster bucks behind every tree in the country and all you need is 15 minutes to get it done.

Comment

Saw a Sitka deer this weekend on the side of the road on Sam Houston national forest on fm 1375

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] That's hilarious. Gotta love some of these hunters. I saw a guy the other day in a ground blind, 200 yards from the main road, ON the fs road (which is used by people with an easement, so it's driven on) in a popup blind. And to top it off he had no hunter orange on. I was at a complete loss for words. Also, saw a stand set up about 70 yards from a public/private boundary, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 150 yards the law of the land there? I keep hearing an ongoing debate between that and 50, and I know this hasn't been the first time it's been brought up.

50 uds from roads, 150 from occupied areas meaning campgrounds and houses etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Rumor is 2 book of faces hunters may of given up the sport after today’s hunt .
                      Probably because their spots got taken over after giving too many clues to their tree, like road names and maps with pins to where they saw sign

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                        50 uds from roads, 150 from occupied areas meaning campgrounds and houses etc.

Correct, 50 yds from roads, marked property boundaries and 150 yds from campsites, residence or building or other occupied area.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                          Correct, 50 yds from roads, marked property boundaries and 150 yds from campsites, residence or building or other occupied area.
                          Cool, just wanted to double check. Also as a rule of thumb, how long do you guys usually give yourselves to get your deer on ice? In other words, from when that deer is on the ground, how long till does it take till y'all have er gutted, skinned, and quartered in a cooler?

Comment

For me, usually within a few hours. If it's cool/cold, I've gone as long as 5-6 hrs and it's still fine. I'm sure you can go a little longer than that. When it's hot, I try to keep it under 3 hrs.

Comment

Congrats on that nice buck BOWHUNTER.

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot27 View Post
                                Saw a Sitka deer this weekend on the side of the road on Sam Houston national forest on fm 1375
                                Was it next to the baby Moose or closer to the Reindeer? Baby Moose are fellow Moose.

Comment

Working...
                                X