2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
    In for Cherokee County. It's going to be a phenomenal year in East Texas for big antlers. Some of the biggest jumps in antler growth I have seen since I have been running cameras.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    That's saying something coming from you. I look forward to seeing what you come up away with this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Oh I know.

So I finished breaking in my new rifle barrel today. That was a long process but I'm glad it's done. I'll get my scope back on this week or next then I'll get it sighted for the Sept. 30 opener. I cannot wait!
      You broke it in and don't even know if it'll shoot!?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Nice deer!

Comment

Tagged - should get 1st good photo from the cams this weekend... Hunt outside of Crockett, next to the DCNF.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
              You broke it in and don't even know if it'll shoot!?
              I'm sure it'll shoot just fine. LOL I just figured it'd be faster to do without a scope since I wouldn't be worrying about trying to get it zeroed or anything.

Comment

I've got two 6.5 gallon bucket feeders I will be putting out this weekend. I throw a rope over a limb and pull the feeder up about 20' or so in the air so the deer don't have a feeder in their sight. It has worked for me the past few years.

Comment

Cherokee county is looking very promising...

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                    I'm not very optimistic about the upcoming season. I kept two feeders running all year, but life got in the way and feeder went empty at the end of June. I finally made it up there a few weeks ago to get everything ready for bow season since I had done my major trimming of shooting lanes in February thinking I would just have to trim a few that fell or new growth. I get there and see that the timber company strip cut my end of the lease creating a lot of rework to do with little time before season to do it. I made another trip with my tractor to mow right of ways and shooting lanes and got stuck. It took me 3 hours to get out and get mowing again. Up there by myself during the middle of the week is ok in hunting season, but sucks when work needs to be done. Luckily my better sense decided to stop because I got too hot and frustrated.
                    Going back tomorrow to finish mowing, fill feeders, and put a camera or two up. I really never see bucks until the first week of September.
                    You will probably kill the biggest buck of your life. I love hunting east tx cut overs and thinning. Seems to liven' things up.

Comment

well nothing but hogs on most of our sets right now. Seems pretty typical for out place. Deer seem to start showing at the feeders early October

Comment

Good 'uns!

Comment

Pulled my car on the new place for the first time. Lots of this.

Comment

Im in Anderson County southwest of Frankston great crop of fawns this year and nothing but small bucks showing up on camera so far.

However I did make me a new Bow hunting area this year that I am excited about.

Comment

Sub'd

Comment

We did have this one on camera last year. Never saw him bit hope to this year

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X