No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say that I'm very pleased Tiger stayed steady and won. He's been very close several times this year and gotten better and more solid in various aspects -- notably driving accuracy and putting.

He tweaked his equipment, getting the right shaft and loft in his driver -- leading to more fairways off the tee, for instance. As close as he was at the PGA with ZERO fairways on the front nine of the final round, imagine if he had figured out his driver set-up a month earlier: might have added another major there. He switched back to his old faithful putter and one-putted like it was going out of style. And don't forget that he was leading on the back nine of the British Open's final round.

This latest win just brought everything together for him. Could be a real renaissance ahead. It could be compelling drama to see a new generation of pro golfers learn what it means to compete against, possibly, the greatest golfer who has ever lived. For many, Tiger was their golfing inspiration and idol in an almost mythological sense. Now, they're finding out that he is not just a figurehead but an opponent beyond compare. He is certainly one of the fiercest competitors there has ever been in any sport.

Comment

Poor Justin Rose! Won $10 million and Fed Ex cup.....No one is even talking about him or his win!

Great for golf!
      Congrats to Tiger and the golfing world!

Comment

No one cares about Rose. He a European.......NOT I. way to go TIGER!!

Comment

Love seeing Tiger back up there and making his haters sick to their stomachs.

Comment

LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Millions of folks sir....millions!![emoji6]
              !Watch the sales of equipment and viewership numbers explode!!! When was the last time you saw a CROWD like that???[emoji2147][emoji466][emoji2146]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've never seen a crowd like that! That was awesome, what I liked was all the other players coming out and congratulating him. You can tell he's not the same guy from back in the day, great moment for him!

Comment

3 wins next year, 1 being a major.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                  3 wins next year, 1 being a major.
                  I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                    I understand that he was once one of the best ever, but... BYE!!

He's done. I listen to and watch a lot of golf and I'm sick of hearing his name. He is a washed up has been that will never win another tourney. Can we stop glossing him already. I don't care what club he's swinging, what ball he's hitting, or what shirt he's wearing. The game is going to be just fine without him.

Does anybody even care if he comes back???

All of the fails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love this thread.

Tiger started the year 656 in the OWGR. Played in only 18 events this year and is now ranked 13th.

That scene walking up 18 with the massive crowd filling the fairway behind him was awesome.

Comment

Its amazing what a little Chiropractic work can do for a guy!!!

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Comment

Would ya look at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big cat energy

Comment

So many goons got it so wrong and I love it

Comment

Ttt:d

Comment

Working...