No announcement yet.

Muscle Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice turtlewax...dollar for dollar the ss 1le is arguably the best sports car for the jack.

Have you seen the ZL1 1LE version that is just now leaving the factory?? It's one sinister machine & will be a beast on the road courses.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      very nice turtlewax...dollar for dollar the ss 1le is arguably the best sports car for the jack.

Have you seen the ZL1 1LE version that is just now leaving the factory?? It's one sinister machine & will be a beast on the road courses.
      I have seen it. They started leaving the factory last week or the one before. Only a handful being made and a 2 year wait from what i hear.

The 1SS 1LE placed 4th out of 12 supercars they tested. Faster than the Mclaren S5 in the esses at over 126 mph and can stick with the new Ferrari 488 GTB in the turns.

This car is truly unbelievable.

I took my friend for a quick ride today and he was grabbing for invisible handles. And we werent even over 4k. Still 1200 more miles of break in.
      Last edited by Turtlewax; 06-20-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

It's not a true 'limited edition' but they do not expect to make any more than 750 per year...they had to change up the front suspension to make room for the huge wheels. The front tires will be as wide as the rears on my zl1. It's really a true dedicated racer. That huge wing is a bit much for my taste in a street car, but said to function very well on the track.

One thing that is nice about the mag ride in ours is how cozy the car is in tour...you can run over a dime in track mode & feel it. Put it in tour & the car is remarkably comfortable. GM is really upping their game. I'm curious to see what/if they do with the Z28...I'm sure it will be naturally aspirated.

Also curious to see how Ford reacts with the new GT500...it will be stupid expensive & then the dealer mark up??

Comment

Good site for modern hot rods.
          http://www.texashotrides.com/used-cars-dallas/

My 77 yo father is running around in a tweaked 17 Grand Sport Corvette that is as white as his hair.

Comment

My sons and I are rebuilding this '53 Chevy we got last fall. So far we've done very little but plan to make it into a hot rod with style. All it takes is money right?
            Attached Files

Comment

I'll get more pics next week after I get the detail / paint protection out in the sun...it looks black indoors but this nightfall grey is goofy & changes color in the sun. Looks lighter:

2017 ZL1: 650hp / 650 torque...loving it, but hate this break in period.
              This vehicle here gives me a chub...did you get the 10 speed automatic or the manual?

Comment

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
                This vehicle here gives me a chub...did you get the 10 speed automatic or the manual?
                Oh man...did I struggle over that decision when placing the order, but went with the A10.

I also thought about waiting for the 1le version but really wanted a 50th anniversary...the 10 speed technology is simply incredible. Bunch of die hard manual guys are praising it. Even the driver at 'the ring' said it was the way to go.

Future buyers will be seeing various versions of the A10 all across Ford & GM's line although the only thing they share are the outer casing. All the innards are fine tuned for the particular application.

Comment

Im not sure about the ZL1 but the 1SS 1LE only comes manual. Not sure how that would play into the Z adding the 1LE package, may still only be manual.

I did test drive the 2SS with A10 and thought it drove really well with the auto.

Chevrolet definitely has the others looking in the mirror.

Comment

My 69 Z

My '69 Z
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yup, 1LE = Manual in Camaro world...they held to their roots with the ZL1 version too. The A10 is faster but story goes they needed something to fill the gap of no current dedicated track monster for the Z28. Just like 1Le is always traditionally manual, the Z28 should 'always' be a naturally aspirated power plant. We shall see.

I didn't even know they were even offering the 2018 2ss with the A10 already...I thought they were still all A8's for at least another year?? Regardless, still think the ss camaro is the bargain sports car for the coin.

Only thing that bugs me on the 1LE is the all black hood...not a bad thing, just seems odd if one wanted the full track pack but with a cleaner de-badged look.

Comment

Originally posted by ecs View Post
                        My '69 Z
                        drool...

Details??

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar Hunter View Post
                          1932 Henry Ford Steel
                          This is the dream ride....32 ford coupe 5 window

Comment

I'll get more pics next week after I get the detail / paint protection out in the sun...it looks black indoors but this nightfall grey is goofy & changes color in the sun. Looks lighter:

2017 ZL1: 650hp / 650 torque...loving it, but hate this break in period.

Dang dude! Bring that bad boy to Bownanza next year so I can test drive it! [emoji41]

Comment

Got one better for ya...figure any Skloss worth his salt will be in the McCook area in Sept.

Ping me & Bring it...that is the area you want to drive it anyway.

~~~~~~~~

Car is not passenger friendly...yeah it has a back seat, but it's superficial in this set up. Can't take 3 up to CS in the Z. They actually shortened up this model to save weight & has less room in the back. For guys like us, the front driver's seat touches the rear when driving. Couple of little people may work for passengers??

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                              Dang dude! Bring that bad boy to Bownanza next year so I can test drive it! [emoji41]
                              Last edited by Artos; 06-20-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Yup, 1LE = Manual in Camaro world...they held to their roots with the ZL1 version too. The A10 is faster but story goes they needed something to fill the gap of no current dedicated track monster for the Z28. Just like 1Le is always traditionally manual, the Z28 should 'always' be a naturally aspirated power plant. We shall see.

I didn't even know they were even offering the 2018 2ss with the A10 already...I thought they were still all A8's for at least another year?? Regardless, still think the ss camaro is the bargain sports car for the coin.

Only thing that bugs me on the 1LE is the all black hood...not a bad thing, just seems odd if one wanted the full track pack but with a cleaner de-badged look.

Write me down for test drive!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X