Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

read the whole thing, its awesome from beginning to end I hope you have some more deer come your way!!

Comment

Thanks for all the recent comments, guys! I have big plans for this year, so stay tuned!

Moules, I am planning to add watering stations and a fall food plot this year, so I'm hoping that helps, in conjunction with more predator hunting and hog killin'!

Comment

Need to do a stray dog killing...they put a hurt on the deer worse than yotes...

Comment

Three dogs on the camera, no collars and no business running the deer and hogs off...

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
            Need to do a stray dog killing...they put a hurt on the deer worse than yotes...
            I only took one deer this year....what'd I ever do to deserve a bullet?

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
              I only took one deer this year....what'd I ever do to deserve a bullet?
              Hahahahaha

Comment

Following looks great!! one day we all should have a part of Texas to get our hands drity on. Just a Great job on the farm.

Comment

Judy read through this whole post, very interested to see what happens next. From my experience living in Milam county, I'm near Thorndale, it usually takes a couple of years for the deer to settle in but when they do you won't be any happier. Keep up the good work

Comment

Tuned in

Comment

Originally posted by texasfarmer View Post
                      Judy read through this whole post, very interested to see what happens next. From my experience living in Milam county, I'm near Thorndale, it usually takes a couple of years for the deer to settle in but when they do you won't be any happier. Keep up the good work
                      Did you mean that once they settle in I will be happy with them, or not happy at all?

Either way, to he honest if they never get very good I'll still be happy killin' hogs and predators!

Comment

I'm not sure the layout of your land but looking at some of your pictures your 25-acres is plenty for a Piper Cub and other STOL aircraft to take off and land.

Be a great fly-in destination. Grab a quick breakfast and go hunting. Just mow 700 ft. and that would be enough to clear a 50 ft obstacle. The Cub and some other aircraft will usually have a takeoff roll of 370'.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                          Did you mean that once they settle in I will be happy with them, or not happy at all?

Either way, to he honest if they never get very good I'll still be happy killin' hogs and predators!
                          I meant to say once the deer finally settle in to your place, you will be very pleased with what shows up, we put a feeder out about two years ago and saw nothing that was exactly thrilling, but this year we had some nice ones come in including an eight point that would have scored in the 150's if we would have killed him.

Comment

Sneaky,
                            I was down last Saturday.
                            I saw a small deer running down the fence line clearing, they had just dozed.
                            May not be many, but they are there.

By the way everyone, Sneaky is famous.
                            He was in the local paper! LOL

Comment

Shows you what a little elbow grease and time can do to a piece of land. Inspiring.

Comment

I just read through the entire thread and what an adventure. Certainly has me motivated for when I move back to the US
                                I am for sure envious

Comment

Working...
                                X