• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    We will be out hunting tonight with 2 Reaps, a Mark 3, and a FLIR thermal

Pigs and coyotes will die

Post pictures!

Comment

Jason, any word on the Apex inventory yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
        Jason, any word on the Apex inventory yet?
        Nothing new on the Apexes yet. The "official" word I got last week is that they still want to work through much of the Trail and Helion backlog. There are dealers who still haven't received a single Trail unit yet so they have to at least get everyone a little satisfied and partly (mostly?) caught up before they start bringing in more models. Again, that's what I've been told and anything can change but I think it's still going to be awhile.

Feel free to keep asking because eventually I'll have some good news.lol

- Jason

Comment

If anyone is looking for a practically brand new battery pack, I have one for sale in the classifieds.

Comment

NVG told me buddy about 2 more weeks until he gets his pre ordered Pulsar Trail XP50...seems the date keeps getting pushed back. WHich is what I expected from the start

We want it to hunt a new 700 acre place on the river in 2 weekends :/

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              NVG told me buddy about 2 more weeks until he gets his pre ordered Pulsar Trail XP50...seems the date keeps getting pushed back. WHich is what I expected from the start

We want it to hunt a new 700 acre place on the river in 2 weekends :/
              The demand is through the roof right now and Pulsar can't make them fast enough. If anyone is looking you can let them know I've got a Trail XP50, XQ38 and XQ30 in stock ready to ship out. I've also got one of the new Quantum Lite thermal monoculars in stock as well.

I've been using my XP50 a ton and it is awesome. So much better than I ever expected and even better than what I remembered from when I demo'd it.

I killed this one a couple nights ago with the Trail XP50, I'll post the video ASAP.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                The demand is through the roof right now and Pulsar can't make them fast enough. If anyone is looking you can let them know I've got a Trail XP50, XQ38 and XQ30 in stock ready to ship out. I've also got one of the new Quantum Lite thermal monoculars in stock as well.

I've been using my XP50 a ton and it is awesome. So much better than I ever expected and even better than what I remembered from when I demo'd it.

I killed this one a couple nights ago with the Trail XP50, I'll post the video ASAP.
                Can't wait to see the video!!!! Big ole nasty boar

Those trails shouldn't last long. My buddy got lucky and paid $4400-4500 out the door I think for his

Comment

My buddies pre ordered Trail XP50 is shipped out and will be here Tuesday. Ready to add another thermal to the crew

Comment

Here is the video from the Pulsar Trail XP50 of the hog I posted the pic of above. And sorry the video intro and music are a bit over the top. My video editor gets really excited and sort of goes overboard, even on simple videos like this. He's a great guy and extremely talented, I've just got to rein him in sometimes.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

What Mini DVR do you guys recommend? I just got my Reap-IR and want to be able to record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                        What Mini DVR do you guys recommend? I just got my Reap-IR and want to be able to record
                        UNV MDVR, it's one of the only NV DVR units out there and its the unit that all IR Defense recommends and the one they use for their promo videos.

We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

A fair warning though, the video connector REAP uses is very specific and the REAP cable for the UNV MDVR has to be hand made and they have to source that connector. The cable alone costs $189 (sold separate from the MDVR), which scares some guys but your options are limited if you want to record with the scope.

If you decide you are interested, shoot me a PM or give me a call. I'm in the process of having a new online store built and for some reason the MDVR cable for the REAP isn't listed in my current (old) store. I can get it for you though.

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I have the REAP IR and have the UNV DVR setup. Once used to it, its not a big deal. The quality is good, but not exactly what you see thru the eyepiece.

I have taken 15-20 videos of kills over the last 3 months.

Like he said, the options are extremely limited and this was the best option IMO.

The price of the REAP went up to $8k and now includes more of the DVR stuff for "free"

Comment

my buddies XP50 came in and he dialed it in. We shot 6 from a group last weekend and I like the scope. Haven't played around with it a lot but the quality is pretty good.

The extreme detail in the background/trees is lacking like the REAP has, but for $5k or less like he paid I don't think anything compares for that price point

Comment

Been awhile since I've posted in here but I figured I'd share with y'all my latest hunts and video.

Wednesday night a close friend of mine came down to hunt so I decided I would take a little vacation time from work and go out to hunt with him. Most of our wheat has been harvested or baled with the exception of a few fields so it's made it a lot easier to spot hogs again. All but one of the video clips in my video were from Wednesday. It was mostly lone boars with a two small sounders. We were able to kill and recover 13 pigs. I was using my Zeus 640 42mm on my SBR blackout with an omega, Jordan (Friend from out of town) was using his new Zeus 640 75mm on his blackout with an omega, and Rustin was using one of his Zeus 336 42mm on his 6.8 with my YHM phantom QD.

Then Thursday I went out with a friend back home in Graham on his farms where they have a lot of wheat. They hadn't harvested just yet so it was a bit difficult to locate hogs so we just made a quick drive around in my ranger and drove up on a coyote mousing around in a coastal pasture. I was using my AR308 with my Gen 3 CO-X clip on so I decided to take a shot at him. Got him right behind the shoulder and watched him drop. 50% luck and 50% skill if I'm being honest because I ranged him after the shot at 270 yards. Also I'm very impressed by the clip on. I'm able to look at and ID jack rabbits at 600 yards. Then we drove up around a wheat field he's been having lots of damage in and found a nice size boar feeding in it. Shot and recovered him fairly easy.

On Friday I had some friends that we've been hunting with for a few years now come up to Wichita and hunt with us. Weston and Brandon were using their Modern Carbine 6.8s, I was using my blackout SBR again, Ryan was using a 6.8 as well, and so was Nic. Seems as if I need to go ahead and join the club and get a 6.8. All of us had Zeus scopes.
                              We got on 3 sounders and 2 lone boars. One of the boars was pushing 315 but we didn't have a tape or a scale to check. However I've measured and weighed enough to have an accurate guesstimate.
                              On one of the sounders we shot into we found in one of our landowners hay barn. He's been trying to prevent them from getting into it but they continue to find their way in. They've just flat destroyed several wheat hay bales and continue to tear up more. But..it did make for a fun shoot watching them try to get out of there dodging bullets! All in all we recovered 18 hogs but we had left another 2 that crawled out of the fields to go die somewhere else. And I'm sure we wounded a few more.
                              Had a lot of fun with some good friends and made some more memories.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                              I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
                              Last edited by keatonskidmore; 05-16-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Now that is legit. Our group record in one night is 19..we got 17 before also. That's a load of pigs

Comment

Working...
                                X