No announcement yet.

TPWD Gus Engeling Archery Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im on for this. Ive been drawn for Gus Engling, Nannie Stringfellow and THE CHAPARRAL!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
      Im on for this. Ive been drawn for Gus Engling, Nannie Stringfellow and THE CHAPARRAL!

Lucky dog

Comment

Very tough hunt, between 60 hunters on the archery hunt last year only 3 deer were killed for the 5 day hunt. They actually reduced permits #'s quite alot this year due to the decline in deer density there.
        Last edited by bossbowman; 08-17-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          Very tough hunt, between 60 hunters on the archery hunt last year only 3 deer were killed for the 5 day hunt. They actually reduced permits #'s quite alot this year due to the decline in deer density there.
          Do you know how many permits were issued this year? I was drawn for this years hunt as well. First time entering for these draw hunt so any tips would be appreciated!

Comment

thanks for the link. Just trying to figure out where you heard that they lowered the # of permits this year... they've offered 60 permits each year since at least 2014... was wondering if you knew something we didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
              thanks for the link. Just trying to figure out where you heard that they lowered the # of permits this year... they've offered 60 permits each year since at least 2014... was wondering if you knew something we didn't?
              It's right there on the TPWD website. Look at all the hunts not just the bow hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                It's right there on the TPWD website. Look at all the hunts not just the bow hunt.

Gotcha ... that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                  Gun permits are down for the unit, archery permits stayed the same as last year but still way down from what they used to be, GE used to make available 180 archery permits.
                  Last edited by bossbowman; 08-18-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

Man do you have golden horse shoe up your butt or what? You need to go buy a lotto ticket. Good luck to you.

I've been entering the draw for 10 years, just about every category and have only been drawn once. That was three years ago. Maybe I still have a chance this year with the gun categories.

Comment

Archery draw hunt slip from yesteryear, 100% chance of getting drawn, those were the days,
                      Last edited by bossbowman; 08-19-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Find a ridge with a scrape line. Find subtle bottlenecks, and stay longer than everyone else. Some very nice deer there, but they tend to get people wary pretty quick. You can use that to your advantage if you can find a secluded spot where they go when they get pressure. Hunt the trails between there and the acorns. Stay scent free as possible, use the wind and don't park too close to where you are hunting. And take a beetle spin to fish catfish Creek. Just watch out for the gators. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          Archery draw hunt slip from yesteryear, 100% chance of getting drawn, those were the days,
                          Wow! What year was this?

Comment

pre internet application process at many of the WMA's...

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                              pre internet application process at many of the WMA's...
                              Yes, I remember applying pre internet, with the book and all, but I just did not remember ever seeing stats like that............... moore spots that actual hunters.

Comment

Working...
                              X