West Texas Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    I recently saw both aoudad and mouflons on the western fringes of val verde county. I am curious if you folks see them as well and if it is common?? Best of luck when you get back out there...
    We hunt in Terrell County. We have never seen aoudad or mouflons at our place. I think they usually stay close to the Pecos river.

Comment

I'm in Val Verde and I haven't seen 1 yet. I hope I do. I'd love to stick one

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Not any on our place either. Talk of elk close, but hadn’t seen any of those either. I’d be on Cloud 9 if an elk stepped out...
        BANG BANG!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
          Not any on our place either. Talk of elk close, but hadn’t seen any of those either. I’d be on Cloud 9 if an elk stepped out...
          BANG BANG!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Yeah. I've heard the rumors about elk somewhere past Meyers Canyon.

Comment

Big Lake! Do I get to join the club?

Comment

These Elk where crossing the road on 349 1/4 south of the big 2400 hill south of Sheffield.[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	Elk3492.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	24513671[/ATTACH] How do you turn the pictures?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by texsdr; 10-03-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
                You're welcome here brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  I recently saw both aoudad and mouflons on the western fringes of val verde county. I am curious if you folks see them as well and if it is common?? Best of luck when you get back out there...
                  No aoudad, yet. Mouflon or hybrid black Hawaiian, or some kind of sheep all the darn time. I kill as many of them as I can.

Elk! Heck I drive right by that place every time I go to the lease. Maybe they'll sneak down my direction.

I'm headed out this Friday and staying until Monday. I hope to lay the smack-down on something.
                  Last edited by SabreKiller; 10-03-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    No aoudad, yet. Mouflon or hybrid black Hawaiian, or some kind of sheep all the darn time. I kill as many of them as I can.

Elk! Heck I drive right by that place every time I go to the lease. Maybe they'll sneak down my direction.

I'm headed out this Friday and staying until Monday. I hope to lay the smack-down on something.
                    Best of luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Kidd View Post
                      You're welcome here brother!
                      Sweet!

Comment

Thanks! I haven't bowhunted in over 5 years. Wearing glasses made it impossible to shoot until I found out about a verifier. Something is gonna die this weekend for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post

WELCOME to the Wild West!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post

Good luck!!!

Comment

Mother trucker @#$#^%#%! Looks like I won't be headed to the lease after all. My dang UTV won't be fixed in time. The master cylinder went out the last time I was at the lease. Dangit!!!!! Now I have to work the next two Saturdays so that screws me until the last weekend.

Comment

Hunt in El Paso and Ozona. Haven't been to Ozona yet this year but hear animals have been moving good and hogs are starting to show up more often. El Paso seeing good auodad and big MD.

Comment

Working...
                                X