Shooter or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooter or not

Just worried about my neighbors I only have 150 acres me and my wife they seem to just shoot anything legal good thing is they don't bow hunt. I have a couple good deer and good doe and fawn population bunch of 13 inch or less bucks, just curious about him because the neighbors shoot any thing that is legal. I'm thinking he is 3.5 yrs old need green screen advice thanks.
    Attached Files

I say if you want to shoot him do it. I bet you'll know what you want to do if he steps out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely legal and I think your spot on with age. Talk with your neighbors and see about getting a plan together. If they don't seem to care make the call when the opportunity presents itself if it does. Pretty unique buck!

Comment

Shooter

Comment

If someone told me that was a 2.5 y/o deer I'd believe them but I'm leaning towards 3.5.

If everyone's philosophy is to shoot it because the neighbors will then the deer herd will never improve.

Comment

I can't ever get in contact with them, I've tried catching them at the gate never seem to find the opportunity, he is a unique buck for sure, they have 500 acres and 2 guys on the place.

Comment

I agree with you houston hunter I would love to see him at 6 or so but I don't think that would happen, I've seen plenty of good deer usually 2.5 to 3.5 and never see them again in next year. That's my only head shrugger is they see them and see legal buck and shoot.

Comment

That buck could be something special in two years no doubt I would definitely try to get your neighbors on board with letting that buck roll for a couple more years ..

Comment

I'd shoot. Looks about 3years old

Comment

Few from few yrs ago

Here is a few from few yrs back saw them passed on them first yr on the lease , then poof they disappeared I was going to let them see another year or so didn't get to happen though
                    Attached Files

Comment

I would not shoot him and I only hunt 60 acres.

That decision is up to you though.

Comment

shooter-yes; young-yes; killing it is up to you. small acreage always run the risk of the neighbors killing it.

Comment

He's not a shooter where I hunt.

Comment

Shooter or not

Originally posted by drake112 View Post
                            Just worried about my neighbors I only have 150 acres me and my wife they seem to just shoot anything legal good thing is they don't bow hunt. I have a couple good deer and good doe and fawn population bunch of 13 inch or less bucks, just curious about him because the neighbors shoot any thing that is legal. I'm thinking he is 3.5 yrs old need green screen advice thanks.

Do you know for sure your neighbors kill anything that is legal? We have 550 acres and I'm sure our bigger ranch neighbors think we kill all kinds of deer and have no management practice. We shoot a lot but we killed 10 coyotes, 1 Nilgai, 1 black buck and 2 whitetail bucks last year. We had a year where we killed a bunch of does and no bucks so our population was about 1:1 from stand surveys so we didn't take any does last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              Do you know for sure your neighbors kill anything that is legal? We have 550 acres and I'm sure our bigger ranch neighbors think we kill all kinds of deer and have no management practice. We shoot a lot but we killed 10 coyotes, 1 Nilgai, 1 black buck and 2 whitetail bucks last year. We had a year where we killed a bunch of does and no bucks so our population was about 1:1 from stand surveys so we didn't take any does last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              No I don't know for sure can't ever get in touch with them, they could be just walking creek beds and going to other property but the 2 bucks I put pictures of up they just all the sudden disappeared out of no where. So I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X