Anybody else use drones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else use drones?

Just got a dji spark. Plan on using it for b-roll for short films both hunting and fishing. But also going to use it to scout. Anybody use one on their adventures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it'd be cool as still get out.
    Get one with live video set it to Hoover above your stand and watch what comes in....

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      I think it'd be cool as still get out.
      Get one with live video set it to Hoover above your stand and watch what comes in....

The problem is they sound like a bee swarm. So it’s hard to capture kill footage. But I always thought that would be cool too.

The one I have can follow me with out controlling it. I can also wave my hand around to control it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
        The problem is they sound like a bee swarm. So it’s hard to capture kill footage. But I always thought that would be cool too.

The one I have can follow me with out controlling it. I can also wave my hand around to control it.

Hmm
        Sounds like a ton of fun!

Comment

I’ve looked into it, but haven’t found one with what I think would be a reasonable range and battery life. I would like to hear what folks are using

Comment

Just got a dji spark. Plan on using it for b-roll for short films both hunting and fishing. But also going to use it to scout. Anybody use one on their adventures?

Yes. Just be aware of how you use it for "hunting." B-roll is fine, but scouting and using it while hunting a game animal might get some scrutiny. I used my Spark to film this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnHipfO9MWc"]Wild Javelina "Hog" Bowhunt - Self Filmed with DJI Spark Drone - YouTube[/ame]

I had a brief "layover" at our South Texas ranch and wanted to spend some time in my new Krivoman Ground Blind. An abundance of javelinas offered a good oppo...

However, using a drone to locate or drive an animal could potentially be illegal, depending on GW interpretation.

It worked for the javis, but it would be extremely challenging to do the same with whitetail.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

I am flying a mavic pro now.....loving it

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Yes. Just be aware of how you use it for "hunting." B-roll is fine, but scouting and using it while hunting a game animal might get some scrutiny. I used my Spark to film this...

However, using a drone to locate or drive an animal could potentially be illegal, depending on GW interpretation.

It worked for the javis, but it would be extremely challenging to do the same with whitetail.
                What if you were just using it to get some nice landscape shots....oh look there's a duck!

Comment

Wild Javelina "Hog" Bowhunt - Self Filmed with DJI Spark Drone - YouTube

I had a brief "layover" at our South Texas ranch and wanted to spend some time in my new Krivoman Ground Blind. An abundance of javelinas offered a good oppo...

That’s pretty awesome. Yeah I would have to clarify scouting. Since it will be used mostly for waterfowl I won’t be getting close enough to ducks for it to matter. If I see some I don’t want to spook them, and they fly into my drone or something. More or less just looking at the terrain of the landscape to judge if it might be huntable or not. I think as long as I can show the video to the Gw I’m not chasing ducks or hunting them I think I should be ok.

Comment

That’s pretty awesome. Yeah I would have to clarify scouting. Since it will be used mostly for waterfowl I won’t be getting close enough to ducks for it to matter. If I see some I don’t want to spook them, and they fly into my drone or something. More or less just looking at the terrain of the landscape to judge if it might be huntable or not. I think as long as I can show the video to the Gw I’m not chasing ducks or hunting them I think I should be ok.

Yeah, that can sometimes create a problem, as well!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EUw9QuaviM&t=5s"]wild goose chase - dji phantom crash - YouTube[/ame]

Second flight with the DJI Phantom 2. I flew a south Texas sendero from one blind to another, and then across a pasture to the tank, while I followed behind...
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

pleeeaassseeee let me help take care of those geese

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                        pleeeaassseeee let me help take care of those geese
                        I'll help.

Comment

Wild Javelina "Hog" Bowhunt - Self Filmed with DJI Spark Drone - YouTube

This is spot on.

Comment

I laugh everytime.

Comment

You’re lucky that wasn’t over water! Did it break anything? Kind of nervous about flying my spark over the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X