How do you chicken fry your backstrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
    I would like to know what your secret is for that brown gravy! Looks amazing!

Comment

Little milk and egg coated in flour then throw in the deep fryer for a bout 3-4 minutes

Comment

Egg and milk with a tiny bit of mustard
        Flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoned bread crumbs
        Beat the crap out of the meat with a tenderizer

Fry

Pour off excess oil, add flour mixture to make a roux, then add milk to make the gravy

Gorge yourself in a way that would embarrass a viking

Comment

Season to taste, soak in Pet milk for 8-12 hrs, fry in peanut oil until medium rare.

Comment

Used to use capt crunch mixed with corn flakes for chicken strips!

Comment

Backstrap Delight

•Clean 1 lb Backstrap and remove all white tissue. Slice very thinly and rinse.
              •Pat dry. Flatten slices to resemble a pancake. (Do not skip this step)
              •Dip in flour then slightly beaten eggs.
              •Prepare a mixture of 8 ozs. Italian Bread Crumbs, 4 ozs. Parmesan Cheese, 2 tblspns. Salt, 1 tblspn. Garlic Powder, 1tsp. Black Pepper and 1 tsp. Oregano
              •Roll the Venison Backstap slices in the mixture.
              •Drop slices in hot oil for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Do not overcook.

Comment

It looks amazing! However, I bet that it is not brown gravy. It is cream gravy that turned brown the grease and remnants left from the breading. A little grease flower and milk will make a heck of a gravy.

Comment

That ain't brown gravy, that's the grease he fried the blackstrap in. The dark color is from the frying goodness left in the grease.

Comment

Never had it that way for CFS but growing up my dad will always take the fish we caught and coat them in crushed up potato chips. For a long time I didn't know people used cornmeal to fry fish. So tasty!

Comment

Very interesting read!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                        That ain't brown gravy, that's the grease he fried the blackstrap in. The dark color is from the frying goodness left in the grease.
                        In the picture on the right it shows the gravy poured on the food.

I'd like to know how he did it as well. Last time I tried to make gravy out of the grease I fried my backstraps in and it was an epic fail.

Comment

Originally posted by hittman View Post
                          In the picture on the right it shows the gravy poured on the food.

I'd like to know how he did it as well. Last time I tried to make gravy out of the grease I fried my backstraps in and it was an epic fail.
                          Not sure how he does it but this is how I make it and mine looks similar.

After you are done frying the steaks, pour out most of the oil. Only leave a couple tablespoons of oil in the pan along with all of the brown bits from frying the steaks.
                          Add a couple tables spoons of flour and use a fork to mix it with the oil. Let it cook for a min or two and form a roux. Wisk in a couple cups of milk and let simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. The longer it simmers the thicker it will get. Should make a nice brown colored cream gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post

After you are done frying the steaks, pour out most of the oil. Only leave a couple tablespoons of oil in the pan along with all of the brown bits from frying the steaks.
                            Add a couple tables spoons of flour and use a fork to mix it with the oil. Let it cook for a min or two and form a roux. Wisk in a couple cups of milk and let simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. The longer it simmers the thicker it will get. Should make a nice brown colored cream gravy.
                            That explains my trouble... I didn't pour out any of the oil and it got out of hand really fast...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks for the tip. I am going to try this with my next batch of backstrap, if'n I can get one in the freezer

Comment

This is exactly how I make my gravy. It is good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X