No announcement yet.

Smoker build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a miller 211 it runs on 110 and 220 it's well worth the $$$ because you can run on either and will weld more than I need!!

Comment

Got a bunch done this weekend finally coming along! Got it mounted on the trailer had to wait on the hubs to get in to mount the axel. Got it all balanced out and going to cut the door and stuff out next weekend. Got a new sweet tool to help! Will never use a torch again!
      Attached Files

Comment

looks very cool

Comment

That's ******!!!

Comment

Sorry I haven't been back sooner. In answer to your questions:

1) 6" stack will be fine, just don't go too long, you don't want too much draft, that will cause your fire to burn too hot, and your tank will get too hot to cook low and slow. It will also pull lots of air into the firebox, causing your wood to burn faster, meaning you'll need more wood to do the same cook and you'll have to pay closer attention to your firebox fuel load.

2) I wouldn't worry about the damper too much, you're going to have heat and smoke coming through that vent one way or another. You're always going to have a hot spot closest to the fire box unless you put in tuning plates, and I don't see that in your design. Could be added pretty easy probably, it just doesn't look like you have them designed in.

One thing I saw that I think you need to consider is weight distribution on that trailer. You want 60% of the total weight in front of the axel for proper distribution. I understand you'll probably have a wood rack on the front, but what happens when you tow it to a cook, burn up all your wood, and then have to drag it back unbalanced. And improperly balanced trailer will steer your truck more than the truck steers the trailer.

Comment

Thanks for the info man I really do appreciate it. I am going to make the plates next weekend to tune it. I also took the pic before we balanced it and the shackles are just tacked on not on the proper spot. In your 1st post were you saying that the stack needs to be inset into the tank some? Sorry I guess I can't picture what you are saying there. Thanks again man!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by KHoes203 View Post
                  Thanks for the info man I really do appreciate it. I am going to make the plates next weekend to tune it. I also took the pic before we balanced it and the shackles are just tacked on not on the proper spot. In your 1st post were you saying that the stack needs to be inset into the tank some? Sorry I guess I can't picture what you are saying there. Thanks again man!
                  Basically, instead of welding the stack to the top of the tank, cut a hole big enough for the stack to slide down INTO the tank. If you have a 30" pipe for the stack, drop it down into the tank so that the bottom of the pipe is at least as low as the bottom meat rack. You'd end up with about 15" inside the tank and 15" outside the tank. OR, if you're coming out of the end of the tank and turning up, come out of the center instead of up high. You want the smoke to build up in the top of the tank and kind of swirl there instead of just going up to the top and out of the tank without touching your meat. I'll see if I can draw up a quick and dirty diagram in a second.

Comment

Here you go:

Comment

i sure like this thread....keep it coming

Comment

Got it! Thanks man! I really do appreciate it! I was thinking going out the end and have to inset the pipe from there which did not make much sense to me.

Comment

Did not get a lot done this weekend had a bunch of friends out and the beer was cold so was not to productive other than the door cut out and the rack built.
                          Attached Files

Comment

it's coming along

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Here is a pic of mine......ol puffer Pete!!

Comment

Working...
                                X