Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerky Recipe

Since this is processed meats I added it here as well.

Here is my Father In Laws Jerky Recipe. I've always enjoyed it. I included Directions in the recipe. I've never made it before but is very good. I took his recipe and put it in excel format. You can change the weight to however much you need. On a guess 5 pounds or rub will be more than enough for 20 pounds of meat.

FIL's Jerky Recipe.xls

Comment

Travis, I'm having a difficult time getting the summer sausage recipe off the spread sheet. I've never made any but want to try a small batch (15-20 lbs) this weekend. I have the brown paper wrapping stuff. Can you shoot me the seasonings for 15 lbs along with brief cooking instructions. Thanks

Comment

Oops, I figured it out. I'm going to try the jal/cheese. So you say the regular sausage recipe can be used for summer sausage?? Can I smoke it for a couple hrs before cooking it like the salami recipe??
        Last edited by buck_wild; 02-19-2008, 09:30 PM.

Comment

MAN I"M STUPID. I see where you say you can smoke a few hrs further down the page. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Way to Read JASEK! seriously if you have questions just call me.

Comment

10-4

Comment

Why is sausage highlighted in red everytime????

Joe,

How did it come out?

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                  Why is sausage highlighted in red everytime????
                  if you followed a link from another thread back to here its because the link came from a search for "sausage".... so its highlighted

Comment

We made 85 pounds of jalapeno and cheese links and 18 pounds of jalapeno and cheese summer sausage. I will tell you that is got to be the best sausage that I have ever ate. Both of them are absolutely wonderful and we will be making them for years to come. Thanks for sharing that spread sheet, you have done a great job putting it together.

A few things that we did different:
                    We put in 5 grams of whole pepper corns in each 3 pound link of summer sausage.
                    We also used coarse ground pepper instead of the butcher grind pepper.
                    We used a 50/50 mixture of high melt pepper jack and high melt cheddar cheese instead of just straight up cheddar cheese.
                    We also put in 1 pound of sausage binder with 32 ounces of water to our mixture. (we were making 25 pound batches)

Comment

Beastman,

Great notes and flavor mix and match! I love it.

Bump to the top. Been getting a few emails about sausage.

Comment

You can now get the high melt cheese that is perfect for sausage from LEM.

High melt cheddar or Pepper jack.

Here's the link.

LEM Products offers high-quality meat processing equipment, jerky and sausage making supplies, and food preparation tools. We focus on making deer and game processing easy.

Comment

Made up a test batch of the jal and cheddar a couple of nights ago, cooked it on the grill with some apricot wood last night. It was very good, some of the best deer sausage I have ever tried. Took a few links to work this morning and it got rave reviews. Downloaded your worksheet to my desktop so it is nice and handy. Good job Travis!

Comment

glad to see you liked it jethro.

Comment

I don't get it, Travis.

Can you come show me how to do it in a few weeks? Should have main ingredients ready by then.
                              Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Dangit!

How much and what formula do you need and I'll weigh it and mail it to ya!

Seriously email me your addy and what formulas and how much meat you have and I'll send you a couple of spice packs!

Comment

Working...
                                X