No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whos going this weekend?? Any updates on activety in the area?

Comment

We will be back the weekend of the 9th. For the past 10 years I have had the most success that weekend. Shot multiple big mature bucks on that 2nd weekend in December. I dont know if I have just been lucky or the deer in the area just move better at that time.

We went last weekend and the rut was still not full on. We still have bucks running in bachelor groups and not being aggressive at all with the does.

Comment

My buddy will be going out there today, I can get an up date from him. I'm going on the 6th, hope the rut is in high gear then.

Comment

I was thinking about going this weekend, but forecast for next weekend looks better with cooler temps. This weekend is full moon too. I'm gonna wait til next week.

Comment

Headed up on the 6th myself. In for reports.

Comment

Just got a rut update from my buddy. He said bucks are starting to split up and follow some does. We think next weekend might be perfect. I'll be going on the 6th!

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
                Just for y'alls info San Angelo Pellet has %17 protein for $7.50 pr bag.
                I’m gonna have to check this out. My deer go through 150lbs or more a week

Comment

No bears on TC’s? I know of one on camera around Loma Alta area.

Comment

I just got a break from work and I'll be on my way towards Sonora by early Monday morning.

Other than the big moon everything looks prime for some good rut activity.

Comment

Here off Juno Hwy now and some younger bucks are starting to push, but nothing major yet. It's actually been as dead as I've seen it up here.

Comment

Shot this one Thursday evening.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Headed to Canyon Ranch next weekend. Got some tags to fill as axis-blackbuck to thin out. Deer hitting the feeders yet or still lots of acorns?

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            Here off Juno Hwy now and some younger bucks are starting to push, but nothing major yet. It's actually been as dead as I've seen it up here.
                            Thanks for the update!

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
                              Shot this one Thursday evening.
                              Congrats, nice buck!

Comment

Congrats Duck !! That's a good deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X