Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thankx

Comment

I always aim a little low, this guy was quartering away just a little, he made it about 15 yards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	newpig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	23927161

Name:	newpig2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	23927162

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM SHARK View Post
        Ok. I am tired of all my pigs getting away. I know that the best shot is a quartering away shot, but I have also seen lots of other kills shots that were just above the leg (lungs?).

Can you guys please post your pictures of pig kill shots (bow and arrow only) so I can get a good feel for where I should be aiming.

Thanks,
        Hey Juan,
        Shooting from my tree stand(15ft), I generally place my arrow shot behind the shoulder. The arrow penetrates at a downward angle and strikes the vitals. Both hogs seen here only ran about 20yrds before dropping.

Name:	008.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	23927163

Name:	BOW HUNT  5 PM      Oct. 2007     Quanah, TX.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	23927164

Comment

I shot this boar yesterday.... HE was slightly quartered toward me.... Shot was from about 8' off the ground.... Broadhead was sticking out just behind his elbow...ran 80-100 yards ( dull broadhead tho I had already shot 2 animals with it, so with a good sharp broadhead like I SHOULD have been using it think it would have blown through him and he would have died quicker). The end results was all the same KAP

Comment

Heres' a few more pics for ya.

Here is a pic from a small pig with a left side entrance from a Muzzzzzzzzzy 3-blade 100. You can see the foreleg just to the left of the wound and the sturnum directly below it. Above the wound is the shoulder blade.

Here is a pic of the same small pig with the exit on the right side of the pig. The foreleg is behind my hand and the shoulder blade is above the wound.

Here is a hanging pic of the same carcus. Looking closely, you can se the wound behind the shoulder/foreleg and below the shoulder blade. (sorry about the quality of the pic).

Here is another of a larger pig with the entrance side showing. There was no exit at 12 yards witha slightly down angle. But the arteries above the heart were severed as well as both lungs peirced. He ran 70 yards before crashing from a Muzzzzzzzzy MX-4. Weighed 340 lbs on the scale, live weight (or dead weight if you wish ).

Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-18-2011, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I'm with the aim low right on the elbow crowd.

I hit this one higher than I like, but the snuffer took all the plumbing off the top of the pumper.

This boar weighed 245 and didn't make it 70 yards. I think the scale might have cheated me a few pounds!

Comment

Just like in my avatar,get all up in that front end. I've also killed alot of big hogs with a flank shot when they would'nt give me anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Threat View Post
                  Just like in my avatar,get all up in that front end. I've also killed alot of big hogs with a flank shot when they would'nt give me anything else.
                  Hey Night Threat, what did that one weigh?

Comment

I hunt in thick brush, ten steps and their out of sight. If you don't get blood within twenty yards, it's going to be a long night. The smaller hogs 100 lbs or less not so much of a problem. They don't seem to run as fast and as far as a bigger hog. The bigger hogs it seems like they can cover 50 yards in a second. If you don't make them bleed right now. A high shot seems to take just a little longer for them to start pumping. I shoot them as low as I can.

Comment

Badger,I guessed him at about 260 on the hoof.These hogs stay around the bull pens alot,so there alittle thicker than other places.That boar you shot is alot of hog for true brush country.

Comment

Just put it below the ear and let her rip....
                        Attached Files

Comment

i posted his up on a similar thread on THF...

i prefer a quartering away shot low and in the rear of the rib cage..it gets in easy and usually exits the far shoulder if it can make it through (if not my Montec stay in there and cuts up vitals)

here is a video of my preferred shot placement
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-3st3n6QE"]YouTube- Hog Kill with Bow[/ame]

arrow entrance

big dead boar

Comment

lately the shots have been from about 1ft to 2 ft away... Either right behind the ear or right in the top of the head...

Although I havent done much hog "hunting" lately. Just trapping. and the shot depends on if I have my 22 pistol that day or not. If not its right into the head with my always on me 44.

I know this doesnt help you so I wont post pics

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
                              i posted his up on a similar thread on THF...

i prefer a quartering away shot low and in the rear of the rib cage..it gets in easy and usually exits the far shoulder if it can make it through (if not my Montec stay in there and cuts up vitals)
                              Great shot brother! Your video shows good shot placement. Way to waite for the right shot.

Comment

Between the eyes!! Drops em in their tracks

Name:	pig pic 2  12-6-09 (Small).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	23927185
                                Last edited by switchback; 04-18-2010, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X