Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you Colt AR guys tell me why this gun is special??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh..the term has just stuck on me Mikey. I'll be getting another batch of similar guns next weekend.

When I'm talking to folks & they ask me what I'm currently consigning..."mostly assault" type weapons if you are interested in anything like that. It's understood that the arms will fall inline with semi auto / hi cap long guns. Just tired of worried being pc in my verbiage in my line of work.

Now would I use it if being interviewed by the media...likely not, but with other gun guys I know & you guys here, I'm not going to sweat the term. Lots easier to describe the package vs say military style when you have sks, nds-3, Fal, etc. They aren't always black & I can't recall everything I may have on hand.

I apologize if I came across harsh HIC...not sure who phrased the term, but I don't really feel it has a negative connotation amongst ourselves. Folks who are anti are not going to like me quoting assault, military or hi cap semis. They are going to run with it regardless.

Hope that better clarifies my thoughts.

Comment

"Assault" is a verb, not a noun. You're using the word incorrectly.

Comment

I'm not gonna get into semantics...

Comment

I think this one might have a switch for auto/semi ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Who gives a rats *** what it's called. Paul is a good dude. Even though I wish I knew he had that rifle before GunBroker haha. Nice weapon

Comment

Thanks Matt...it's all good & not a big deal to me at all. We are all in the same fight & the antis are always going play us regardless of the nomenclature either decide to use. Fellow enthusiasts discussing a neat AR on a hunting forum need not bicker.

Funny what makes guns desirable...it's really no different than any other Govt AR besides the clothes worn & born on date. I love learning about new ones to watch out for.

~~~~~~~

Sr Rosa, the lower is like most any other and doesn't have the silly sear block, but would still need to be converted to go full.

Comment

That SN is what I'd want

Comment

Many black rifle makers and the NSSF are calling them modern sporting rifles. Getting away from the media term. But yes...when your selling. The term assault rifle does the description well. Then again the media has done that to our terminology.
                  I love those old Colts. Made one by one. By hand. GLWS.
                  Last edited by Tony Pic; 07-16-2017, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I did not hear of the title of assault rifle until the left wingers started using it to describe weapons of war copies as being used, legally, by ordinary citizens in an attempt to demonize them. I personally describe my AR, in 6.5 Grendel, as strictly a hunting tool.

Comment

LOL...

I could just see the looks when my guys ask what I have for sale..."several modern sporting rifles" if interested.

crickets & stares I reckon...reply: could you elaborate?? Until a realistic term amongst fellow enthusiasts comes along, I'm not going to worry about what other gun guys think about me using the term assault or military type weapons.

Comment

Cause it starts with the letter C. Some of the best things in the world start with the letter C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X