X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, great job.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      It was not an inch. When I first walked up to him I saw the forked side and thought oops! But then saw it was about 1/2" and the other side was a spike.

He was little. I think 1.5 year old. Going to be good eating. Was nice to clean a smaller easy deer LOL.

I used a hellrazor. I really do not think broadhead choice makes any difference when the arrow goes through the heart though LOL
      I saw the hole was pretty big, that is why I was curious.
      I switched to hellrazor from NAP thunderhead this year. I am satisfied both, but after I used hellrazor, I like it more. It opens a bigger hole than Thunderhead.

Comment

Originally posted by clawdig88 View Post
        Ok I copy. No buck kills unless spike or over 13".

Thank you everybody for the info on this.
        Yes, thanks for the clarification everyone. Congrats RR...

Comment

So can we only shoot one buck over 13" ?

Not that I plan on shooting even 1 but it's nice to know LOL...

Comment

You can only kill a buck with a spread less than 13" if atleast one antler is branchless. 1 antler has to be a spike.

I was confused on that part too.

Comment

Bound to be some updates from this weekend, let's hear them.

Comment

I went out last night. Didn't look like anything had been at my feeder for a few days. I haven't seen or herd a deer out there since opening weekend. I'm starting to think there aren't any deer out there.
                I doubt I'll go back out there until December.

Comment

It gets that way, its still warm and there's still plenty of acorns on the ground. Once it cools off good and the acorns disappear you'll see more activity. The best hunting out there is later in season anyway. It seems like once the new wears off, less and less people put out the effort to hunt and there is a lot less hunting pressure on the animals.

Comment

Went out last Satursday morning and one of my buddy hunted Sunday morning. We both did not see any deer while on the stands.
                    I spooked a doe while walking out. She was 50 yards away from my feeder and bedding. This reminded me that I heard something laid down around 8:30-9am. Deer definitely showed uninterested to my corn. There are still lots of fresh broadleaf grass and acorn available.

Comment

Has anyone heard the final status on buck tags left? I was under the impression that they are starting to run low.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecreek View Post
                        Has anyone heard the final status on buck tags left? I was under the impression that they are starting to run low.
                        I think they were just out of buck tags a one of the check-in stations. I think there were around 30 buck tags last year and still a few left over after season ended. Surely they can't all be gone this soon.

Comment

The new guy that is staying at and/or watching Tejas told me they only had 2 buck tags left??????? He seems to be a nice guy , but not sure how good his information is especially since he is from Michigan He said to his knowledge no bucks over 13" have been killed yet (all spikes/unbranched) so something doesn't seem to be adding up. But also mentioned that Terri informed him of the 2 tags issue. I'm hoping he was mis-informed or did not hear it correctly.

Comment

that was kinda what I got from Stacey when I called to the office last week

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
                              It gets that way, its still warm and there's still plenty of acorns on the ground. Once it cools off good and the acorns disappear you'll see more activity. The best hunting out there is later in season anyway. It seems like once the new wears off, less and less people put out the effort to hunt and there is a lot less hunting pressure on the animals.
                              That's what I was hoping for/anticipating, people slowing down and getting more time in on the stand as it gets colder. Hope their not out of big buck tags by then. Saw a good one on the side of the road last weekend coming out after the hunt. He was in the 120's easy, got me pretty excited seeing that quality out there.

Comment

I'm headed out to hunt this evening, wish it was a little cooler. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X