No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switchback I that happened to me the other day with 2 doe, the wind was swirling and they winded me. Ended up seeing 6 doe and a small buck that day though. Hope you get one this afternoon, I wont be able to make it back out till Wed and Thur.

Dave R.

Comment

Thanks Dave. This is the second week in a row so I need to build another blind on other side or just find another spot. Probably going to find a new spot soon anyway. Been telling myself for years I was going to jump around and not hunt the same spot all year like usual. So this year I’m going to do that. 3 or 4 weeks and hunt some of the other spots I’ve found over the years but never hunted! So far I’ve hunted 3 different places. Time for another. It’s not an evening spot and only got 1 group of doe on camera. Maybe 1 pig. Will know tonight when I get home and look at pictures on my computer.

Comment

Switchback how did the evening hunt go?

Comment

Punched my first corp land tag of the season this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bow In Hand nicely done! And nice shot placement!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
              So how did the hunting go yesterday Super Six-Four?
              Beautiful day out, saw a couple toward the middle of the day. Heard a large group of pigs come in 10 min after dark...

Comment

Originally posted by Bow in Hand View Post

Nice! Congrats!!!!

Comment

Congrats on your first. Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Bow in Hand View Post

Congrats on your first out here!

Comment

Congrats and nice shot!

Comment

Originally posted by hrallen50 View Post
                        Anyone lose a brown pup with white chest? No collar
                        Boxer by chance? PM me if so. Neighbor is missing a boy and girl both the same.

Comment

Congrats Bow in Hand. Sure wish I could have made it out this weekend.

Comment

Nothing for the evening hunt yesterday. But did brush my buddies stand in really good for him. Least I could do since he lets me sit there on occasion.

Congrats bow in hand. Nice shot.

Comment

Do a lot of people leave their stands? What's the chance of it getting taken or are most people honest around here? What about game wardens? Or do you recommend covering and hiding?

Comment

Originally posted by Arborist37 View Post
                                Do a lot of people leave their stands? What's the chance of it getting taken or are most people honest around here? What about game wardens? Or do you recommend covering and hiding?
                                I recommend you not leaving it like the policies state. We have hardly any public land to hunt here in Texas. If we don't take care of it we may end up with none.

Comment

Working...
                                X