Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunome View Post
    I have still hunted a bunch and been good at getting hogs in spring. No luck with deer get with in range but they know I'm there and are spooked and watchful. Think I might start trying to use a good camera instead of my bow. I only do this though when no trucks are in parking area and way up in were I have not seen anyone.

That’s my plan, I don’t want to intentionally disturb anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a great time this morning. No one else was there, so did some still hunting around while scouting for some spots. Saw over 20 deer total. Snuck within 60 yards of about 10 deer, 1 was a very nice 8, and another was a shooter, couldn’t tell exactly how big he was though, was trying to move with the wind, but the leaves gave me away and they high tailed it out of there. Busted up another big buck, got walked up within 10 yard of him before he busted out of his bed, wish I had seen him before he was me!

Comment

Best time is early morning in valleys or draws so grounds wet or during rain if your lucky to get any.

Comment

I'll be back this weekend. Going to camp out there.

Comment

Does anyone know of a good tracking dog in the area?

Comment

Nice out tonight. Didn't see anything but will be in the stand all day tomorrow. Sleeping in my car..... too cold for a tent without all the right gear.

Comment

That’s dedication

Comment

Haven’t seen a buck on the hoof or camera at any of my spots in the last week. It’s like they left for vacation all of a sudden. Gonna give it a run again tomorrow before the weekend pressure hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                    Haven’t seen a buck on the hoof or camera at any of my spots in the last week. It’s like they left for vacation all of a sudden. Gonna give it a run again tomorrow before the weekend pressure hits.

Home for the holidays??

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six-Four View Post
                      Nice out tonight. Didn't see anything but will be in the stand all day tomorrow. Sleeping in my car..... too cold for a tent without all the right gear.
                      Yeah, sleep? What's that?

Comment

Anyone out here hear some pigs squealin?

Comment

Originally posted by hrallen50 View Post
                          Anyone out here hear some pigs squealin?
                          In my dreams, all the time.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Anyone lose a brown pup with white chest? No collar

Comment

So how did the hunting go yesterday Super Six-Four?

Comment

Had 4 doe coming in behind me this morning, but wind was straight to them. Busted me. But a buddy of mine got a doe at 7:15 this morning. Wind has gotten bad and not good for my spot for evening hunt, so I’m going to sit in my buddies stand where he shot the doe. Hope wind calms down some before dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X