TSA backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Global Entry trumps Pre Check in access, number of airports and efficiency........and cost $100. It is about a 90 day process as it is tough to get an interview date with your local TSA office personnel. All the information for the 2 or 3 programs is below. Everything is done from this link until your face to face interview.

https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/main/goes
    Good information, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      How long does it typically take to get approved for TSA pre check? Going to be flying several times this year and might as well just do it.
      Took me 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        Took me 4 days.

That's quick! I've done the online part and have appt at Bergstrom on 6/3.

Comment

I literally could not find an appt inside 3 months at any of the major airports I frequent for global entry. Then finally had one at Bush on the first day of the big flood which obviously did not work out. Walked in the office in E terminal a week later and the guy processed me immediately with no appt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

UPDATE: Had my interview today for GLOBAL ENTRY! I arrived about 45 minutes early and sat down. Within 10 minutes I was asked into the office. 12 minutes later it was all over!!!! I learned the retina scan program I was in about 7 or 8 years ago is still active in Canada but GLOBAL ENTRY trumps all programs. I do have to add my GLOBAL ENTRY number to my frequent flyer accounts to insure smooth travel. Finger prints and thumb prints of both hands plus a picture! The experience with the TSA personnel was really GREAT. The guys were jovial and very professional......unlike what most of us experience going thru the scanners. I am not for one giving up lots of data "to the man" but travel is part of what we do often and the mess around the globe is putting a strangle on airports! The wait for the live interview today was crazy but the appointment was quite enjoyable. Below, is the info for anyone wanting to get this done!

Global Entry trumps Pre Check in access, number of airports and efficiency........and cost $100. It is about a 90 day process as it is tough to get an interview date with your local TSA office personnel. All the information for the 2 or 3 programs is below. Everything is done from this link until your face to face interview.

https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/main/goes

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
              TSA is a sham all for the illusion of security.

100% agree.

Just another example of gov. Waste

Comment

UPDATE: Had my interview today for GLOBAL ENTRY! I arrived about 45 minutes early and sat down. Within 10 minutes I was asked into the office. 12 minutes later it was all over!!!! I learned the retina scan program I was in about 7 or 8 years ago is still active in Canada but GLOBAL ENTRY trumps all programs. I do have to add my GLOBAL ENTRY number to my frequent flyer accounts to insure smooth travel. Finger prints and thumb prints of both hands plus a picture! The experience with the TSA personnel was really GREAT. The guys were jovial and very professional......unlike what most of us experience going thru the scanners. I am not for one giving up lots of data "to the man" but travel is part of what we do often and the mess around the globe is putting a strangle on airports! The wait for the live interview today was crazy but the appointment was quite enjoyable. Below, is the info for anyone wanting to get this done!
                Just a clarification .... Global Entry is a US Customs and Border Protection program and is recognized by TSA. US Customs administers this program.

Last edited by Humper; 07-06-2016, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundervee View Post
                  100% agree.

Just another example of gov. Waste

You be amazed of the number of prohibited items including firearms this sham discovers at checkpoints every day. It's a very difficult job that I would never want.

Comment

Working...
                  X