TSA backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSA backup

US travelers are in long waiting lines at airports due to TSA. But Jeh Johnson of DHS says be patient.

Facing a growing backlash over extremely long airport security lines, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson on Friday asked fliers "to be patient" as the government takes steps to get them onto planes more quickly.

In the mean time our borders are wide open. No need to check all these illegals. Don't hear oh Jeh boy saying much about this. These liberal azzes are really something.

Recently signed up for global entry which includes TSA pre check for domestic travel. Great value for sure. Yesterday the regular line at BWI security ran down the hall at least a few hundred people. I had 4 in front of me at the Precheck line. Probably a 45 minute difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been in TSA lines recently with less than 50 people ahead of me that took over an hour. This slowdown is on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
        I've been in TSA lines recently with less than 50 people ahead of me that took over an hour. This slowdown is on purpose.
        Kind of what I was thinking, it gives them an excuse to spend more money hiring more people. They still gonna search granny and let the covered up folks waltz on through without a problem.

Comment

No real issues here in San Antonio today. I dread hitting a bigger airport though. Pre check is the way to go, however.

Comment

Global Entry..............YEP!
            Downside is you have to give up personal info to the man. Just a cluster mess either way you look at the issue!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
              No real issues here in San Antonio today. I dread hitting a bigger airport though. Pre check is the way to go, however.
              In my experience lately, the worst troublespots are Laguardia, O'hare, Newark, Philly, Austin, and DFW.

Haven't been through Atlanta or LAX recently. IAH, Hobby, and Love haven't been too bad, but I try to fly off-peak hours.

Comment

Pre check is the way to go.

Comment

I came in from IAH to San Antonio this morning and it wasn't too bad but still. TSA is a sham all for the illusion of security. Checking old ladies and making sure they get every water bottle and hand lotion bottle from every traveler but I saw something recently that they did a "sting" for lack of a better word and were able to get through like 85% of contraband. Your typical TSA agent doesn't look like they care one bit about anything to do with security.

Comment

Why hire more folks? In my experience, which is pretty significant, just put the other 20 standing at security to work by activating all lanes! It's quite simple from what I've seen.

Comment

I finally received my pre check approval in the mail and the first time to get to use it at IAH, they had the precheck line closed and waited almost 45 minutes....

Comment

How long does it typically take to get approved for TSA pre check? Going to be flying several times this year and might as well just do it.

Comment

Global Entry trumps Pre Check in access, number of airports and efficiency........and cost $100. It is about a 90 day process as it is tough to get an interview date with your local TSA office personnel. All the information for the 2 or 3 programs is below. Everything is done from this link until your face to face interview.

Comment

Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                              Thank you sir
                              No problem sir. Pre Check is now $85.............it used to be FREE!!! What a mess honestly.

Comment

Working...
                              X