Welfare reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Are you saying only black people use snap, lonestar, etc?

I see plenty of every race using it.

It's a full blown white trash epidemic in Wise County, and it makes me sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When people on any type of government assistance, be it welfare food stamps or whatever ,can milk the system for over $40,000 per year, then it will never change as unfortunately they are the majority in this country along with all the illegals that are doing the same and probably making more than the $40,000 per year. This is the welfare voting block and those are the liberal voter that will keep the government assistance and welfare programs going and getting larger in this country. Just look at all the numbers added to thee roles in the last 8 years. Their voting block!

It does not matter the color of the skin, they all abuse it!

Comment

Loved me government cheese and the 5lb pail of peanut butter we got as a kid growing up.

I disliked Peanut butter for many many years.
        Now I like Extra Crunchy!!

Wife doesn't always like watching me eat it tho.
        I'll slather about 1.5" of peanut butter on the bread. Than take me a big ole bite. Sometimes it would get stuck to the roof of my mouth and I'd have to use my finger to free it.
        I remembered the butter truck and that helps out a lot.
        Course to don't need much tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

cooke county as well

Comment

Y'all are assuming a lot that the money automatically loaded on those cards will go to buying food for kids...Many times the cards are given to drug dealers while Mommy and Daddy stack up shoulder to shoulder in Motel rooms to smoke the money away the first 3 days of the month. Here's another bubble buster reality. Many "stores" will take the card, swipe it for the maximum amount, let's say $400.00, the store gets the 400.00 and they give Mommy or Daddy $200.00 cash to spend it on whatever feel good self medicating product they choose...many of y'all would shut the whole system down if you knew what the reality is.

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
              Y'all are assuming a lot that the money automatically loaded on those cards will go to buying food for kids...Many times the cards are given to drug dealers while Mommy and Daddy stack up shoulder to shoulder in Motel rooms to smoke the money away the first 3 days of the month. Here's another bubble buster reality. Many "stores" will take the card, swipe it for the maximum amount, let's say $400.00, the store gets the 400.00 and they give Mommy or Daddy $200.00 cash to spend it on whatever feel good self medicating product they choose...many of y'all would shut the whole system down if you knew what the reality is.
              This. The primary fraud, waste and abuse of EBT.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Reppin Hunt county over here. Same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  i grew up working in a grocery store and the reason the "Lonestar card" was brought about was because families would send in 3 or 4 (or 5 or 6) kids with a $1 paper food stamp and the kid would buy 1 piece of candy, getting $0.60-75 back, then momma would come in and buy a pack of Dorals with $3 in change, or daddy and his Milwaukee's Best 40oz.
                  True, I worked in a grocery store as well and witnessed some if the same purchases. That was 44 years ago, just think how easy it is today with the snap card. I’m all for helping people in need but we need to get a handle on the abuse in the program.

Comment

Sounds like a deal for Walmart or HEB to deliver boxes to 40 million. Something needs to be done though.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Never gonna happen. Doesn't hurt to dream though.
                      This. Never happen.

Comment

I have seen people that really need and deserve it get turned away. I can remember as a kid growing up in La seeing small family owned stores giving people 50 cents cash on the food stamp dollar so the person could buy cigarettes and liquor with the cash.

I have also seen food truck owners load up baskets of groceries, pay with lonestar, then place groceries in food trucks. Sad

Comment

Rednecks love EBT. This could be a major blow to their culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Are you saying only black people use snap, lonestar, etc?

I see plenty of every race using it.
                            Are you saying only black people are Ex President people and government relying folks
                            Last edited by Backwoods101; 02-13-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                              I used to know a guy that paid his neighbor cash for their Lonestar card at half value. He never would sell it to me for 10% more than what he paid for it

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                                I remember back in the day folks would get the powdered milk, blocks of cheese and other items the government would hand out. We ate a lot of it back then and was glad to get it. I see no problem with going back to that system.
                                Government cheese was the bomb!!! We would leave it out on the counter with a knife and eat on it all day. That powdered milk could be mixed with coco powder, powdered sugar and hot water to make some mean hot chocolate too.

Comment

Working...
                                X