No announcement yet.

Baitfish trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wad up a slice of bread for bait and in and hour or so you will be filled up if you have a good perch tank. I have four and i will get 3 dozen or so in 15 minutes.

Comment

Ive used the same design, had a chunk of Styrofoam for bait. Curiosity lure,clean and it works.

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
        After seeing online prices of $75+ after shipping I decided to build my own. Fish don't stand a chance if this thing works! Hardware cloth and zip ties. $17 bucks and 2 hours.
        How you made this?

And you have a cute dog. My eyes fall for him.

Comment

I believe the metal clips are called J clips. Can usually buy them at TSC in the chicken wire section. They even make a pair of pliers that puts them on

Comment

My TSC quit carrying the J-clips. They didn't move enough to justify carrying them any more. And their hog-rings are to large for cages, and varmint guards. I've used them for building varmint guards with 1"x2" mesh. My local Hm Depot doesn't have the J-clips either.

But Joshua Feed has them and the pliers.
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-24-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

I'd be curious to know how you did it as well. Looks like a great design!

Comment

What size hog rings or j clips are yall using, and were are yall getting them at?

Comment

I have noticed on the one I built that I have better luck checking it a couple hours after I put it out. Seems like if I leave it overnight some must figure out how to get out.

Comment

I need to know how to build this!!!! Anyone have any plans, drawing, guidelines of some kind?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                      I need to know how to build this!!!! Anyone have any plans, drawing, guidelines of some kind?

I used this one...

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

[emoji106]

Comment

Bait come out a good size?

Comment

Working...
                          X