Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the coldest weather you've hunted in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-14 with wind chill of -54 in Tulia Texas for geese. We had to thaw the birds out to clean them. Limits came in less than 20 minutes. Took us almost 2 hours to pick up 12 dozen silohette decoys that usually can be done in about 15 minutes. One of the fastest 7 man limits I was every a part of, and would never do that again. Just a side note, Benelli novas were the only guns working in the spread that am. Lucky I bring 2 to every hunt. Most of the fancy autoloaders were junk after the first volley.

Comment

Redfield, South Dakota -20 with a high of -11. This was not wind chill.

Comment

Are we talking hanging out on the side of a tree or tucked in a nice cozy box with a heater going

I hunted AR late archery season (early/mid Feb) with a bow and temp was in teens at day break.

Have hunted multiple times in teens, some with rifle but others with bow, "out in it"

Launched the bass boat one morning at 17deg too. Caught a bunch of fish

Comment

-10, no wind. Without wind, its not bad. With sun, it's actually nice.

Comment

I think it was zero one morning in New Brunswick--hunting deer out of treestands. Very little wind, wasn't that uncomfortable.

That was not nearly as bad as west TX geese hunting something like 8 degrees plus heavy wind all morning. Never felt my body ache like that before.

Comment

-5 in lubbock. Guns didnt work, truck got stuck, dog got sick, ducks froze before we breasted them, couldnt feel my toes until dinner...
              AWESOME DAY!!!

Comment

3 degrees and a 10-15mph wind chasing muleys in west Texas. Snowed the whole day before and it was 7 degrees. The bucks antlers were covered in about 1/4" ice from top to bottom......

Comment

Pennsylvania..... -10 degrees!

Comment

-20 northern MN, late season archery, could only stay on stand for 2 hours. pretty easy, watch the field the day before and see where and when the deer come out and set up on them the next night. only problem sometimes they would come out the next trail down from your set up.

Comment

-17 below zero....Ontario Canada, Thanksgiviing week

Comment

When I was guiding at a hog ranch in the U.P. of Michigan I saw -31 when I got to the ranch. The hunters waited till it was -20 before we went out for the day. I can't remember how many pigs and sheep we shot that day, but there were about 10 guys so 8-12 animals. The sheep were freezing solid if we let them lay for more than 30 minutes. We had a chain fall that our gloves would freeze to as soon as we touched it. I don't recall the wind speed, but it was pretty strong. That was my coldest day in the field. As I remember they didn't tip too well either.

Hunting wise, I shot a deer one time at -15 with my bow. Her legs froze as I dragged her to the truck. It was so cold I drug her out whole and gutted her at the truck so I could warm my hands on the exhaust.

glad I moved to Alaska where its warmer.

Comment

12 in ozona

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a cold 10 degrees this morning luckily there was not much wind I set last year in 2 degrees with -11 windchill that was not much fun

Comment

I saw zero duck hunting in South texas

Comment

-15 Washington State mule deer at 7,500 ft.

Comment

Working...
                                X