Clear All

Thats a beast

Comment

tuned in

Comment

Looking Good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DTH View Post
          Can someone explain filling the tank with water/draining process for me on these things? I'm assuming you fill/drain the pit in order to rid the former gas, so you don't go KABOOM when you start working on the pit. But how do you know when it's right? When enough is enough..
          Fill the tank to displace any existing residual gas, but it also helps to eliminate the air space and reduce the risk of "KABOOM". I refuse to cut them for people because I work at a school and I don't want my kids cutting them, but most people I know that cut them will fill them with water, drain them, refill them with water, and start cutting with the water still in it. Once you pierce the tank the water will start to pour out, but from everything Ive been taught, that's the time when its the most dangerous anyway.

If you really want to go overkill, my old Ag Mech professor used to tell people to dig a hole, put the tank in the hole with all the valves open, build a huge bonfire over the tank and let it burn for a couple of days. Once the coals are cold, dig the tank out, and perform the fill-drain-fill-cut process. Most definitely overkill, but when you are dealing with the safety of someone else's kid, its better safe than sorry I guess.

Comment

Okay DoveBlaster is a lazy bum and refuses to post updates so I will do it for him:
            Attached Files

Comment

keep 'em coming.... in for the progress.

Comment

Smoke stack
                Attached Files

Comment

I have the handle brackets, sucker rod and pipe cut for the door handles. Just a bit more grinding on the brackets and everything will be ready to weld. I am seeing the finish line but lots more tedious little stuff to do.

Comment

Nice product so far. I am excited to see what the end state is going to look like.

Comment

Not leaving much room to go bigger and better on second build

Comment

what a bruiser.

Comment

Firebox door, door handles, etc.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Daaaang

Comment

I needed one that big when my kids were playing baseball.

Comment

Doors
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X