CC Concealment Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiley64 View Post
    There really isn't a way to do it that is comfortable in my opinion. Take karate instead

Comment

There really isn't a way to do it that is comfortable in my opinion. Take karate instead

Comment

Glock 43
        Sticky Holster
        Tucked in lower back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

or i wear a alien gear. my kimber fits better in the AG but the jm4 is easier to use imo

Comment

Jaybo31

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
              Thunderwear.

I swear my old boss carries this way.
              That's the way I carry all the time, most comfortable, conceilable way I have found, by a long shot. And I can carry no matter what I wear. I carry in a smart carry but it's the same thing as thunder wear.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                How do you get past the black clips poking out though?

This would be a no go for me, customers would notice that right away. I have to be 100% concealed.

Comment

Mine is very comfortable, in fact I sleep with it on.

Comment

I wouldnt worry about it, but this might be a possibility. http://aliengearholsters.com/plastic-c-clips.html

I'm sure you can find metal or slimmer ones.

Comment

Mikes size 1. Comfortable for me when my shirt is untucked. It will work on my Justin boots as well although not perfect.

Comment

5.11 makes a tactical carry tshirt. Pockets on both sides, have 2, love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                          5.11 makes a tactical carry tshirt. Pockets on both sides, have 2, love mine.

Pockets stretch out quick. Not really a long term solution.

Comment

I wear similar clothing to you and wear guns twice that size without issue. As said above, get a real gun belt. Your troubles will largely go away with this. I carried a ruger sr9c with the full 17 round mag ( which that/the grip is what makes concealing hard) iwb with an alien gear holster, no problems. One thing, if you've got some pounds you could give up, doing so made concealment alot easier for me. Another thing is blousing your tuck, and drawing all the material to the hips (especially for me since i carried strong side). With all the extra material brought to your sides, your tuck looks nicer (without need for a fitted shirt) and covers the gun better. I honestly spent a couple hours trying to figure what worked best for me. On the sr9c, I only switched to the 10 rd mag for polos as the grip was too high out of the tucking point and came into where the material line was. Play with cant as well, as it may make a larger difference than you realize. The sr9c was a pain until i realized canting it forward as much as possible made the lines much more concealable.

Comment

Check these out kangaroocarry.com I didnt think I would like it but it is comfortable and very concealing. Also made in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                                Also, if you're just starting out carrying let me give you a couple more bits of advice.

1. You're gonna need a new belt made to carry a weapon. Standard belts not made for weapon carrying will not cut the mustard and will make carrying a PITA. Theres a ton of different options out there to fit every style so look at a bunch and find what suits your style the best.

2. Get a kydex holster.

3. Carrying a gun is NOT supposed to be comfortable, it is however supposed to be comforting. So give it some time and stick with it and try different options. Once you figure out what types of belts/guns/holsters work for you you'll forget it's there. Rarely, do CC'ers find the perfect setup on the first try. Most of us have a safe full of guns and a drawer full of holster and belts that we don't/rarely use.
                                I too have a drawer full of holsters. I usually carry either in my Code 10-32 IWB or my new Safari OWB. And I also wear mostly dress shirts IWB/OWB untucked till I get to work then tuck there as I can't carry in a secure building. When I wear a polo it's the IWB Code 1032 with an undershirt. Out and about I usually wear a tee with all sorts of over shirts unbuttoned. Hawaiians, pressed dress, chambray work, etc... And I carry a Glock G23

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                                In between appointments today I stopped by an ag supply place that sell's weapons. I tried on at least 20 holsters with 5 different pistols. Ended up buying a M&P Shield in 9 with a VersaCarry IWB. It feels "normal" and is sturdy. I shouldn't have to buy a new wardrobe either!!
                                Is the "VersaCarry" the one that has a rod in the barrel?? If so, I wonder why the issue the caveat that they are not responsible...
                                Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                                This man speaks the truth.

I fought what I thought was a sturdy belt for 2 years and then got a true gun belt and it was night and day!

In your boot may as well be in your purse as both are a huge tactical disadvantage.

Adjust your dress to untucked Polo's or better yet untucked button up shirts and OWB instantly becomes comfortable and very concealable.
                                Yup, an ankle holster is for a back-up. Not your main carry...
                                Originally posted by Arlington BowHunter View Post
                                I hated that thing and sold to a "friend"...

Comment

Working...
                                X