Would you go vegan if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you go vegan if...

If you no longer had to take high blood pressure medication or if it you meant that your Type 2 Diabetes would eventually go away. I ask this as red blooded, meat eating, (see my recipe for killer fajita recipe) Texan.
    However, I recently watched a very compelling show on Netflix, "What the Health" It contains a fair bit of tree hugging liberalism, but they make some strong arguments for going vegan.

According to the doctors on the program if you follow a strict vegan diet, after two weeks you will notice a big difference in how you feel, and all of your numbers will be better, eventually getting to the point to where you may actually be able to get off meds. If true is it worth it?

Not to me, because I don't believe it. Even if true, I couldn't ever not eat red meat again

Comment

Dam right I would! I would not like it but I would give it a shot.

When you get older you will do things you would not even consider when you are younger..

Comment

I'd go vegan and get all better. I wouldn't be happy. Then I'd probably get in a car wreck and die anyway so no, I wouldn't go vegan.

Comment

I've seen the shows, and my wife is on the whole kick right now along with a lot of people.

Humans are omnivores, much like other creatures on our he's a planet. Our problem is we can't just eat what we need to survive, we consume a #1 with cheese several times a week.

Moderation is key, and you can still be unhealthy as a vegan. The shows I've watched with my wife blame all our obesity issues on meat and meat products. Overindulgence and fast food are the key to that problem.

I just can't buy it that going vegan solves all the problems.

Comment

Got a Facebook friend telling you to watch the Netflix documentary "What The Health?" We wasted an hour and half so YOU don't have to.Your support keeps us i...

Comment

Not me

Comment

NO

Comment

Um.....No. I would rather die earlier than go meatless.

Did someone hack your account?

Have you been drinking?

Are you an undercover PETA informant?

J/k

Comment

Well yes, I'd say that's the easy answer but there was a thread about a month ago about this show that shot this down if memory serves me right??????

Too many other questions I think....

I searched for the link but couldn't find it but there was a good response if I remember right????

Comment

A lady I work with has meniere's disease. It was debilitating for her until she started seeing a holistic doctor that told her to go on a vegan diet. Over the course of a few weeks her symptoms improved 95%. She has slowly been incorporating dairy and occasionally meat products back in her diet so far so good. I don't believe that animal products are bad for everyone but if I had some disease that could be cured or at least managed by diet, I wouldn't hesitate to jump on board but I wouldn't stop hunting.

Comment

everyone dies, some of them supposedly healthy, some sick folks given short times to live lived many years,,, but you going to go, carnivore, herbivore or vegetable ...... God is in control, not a veggie

Comment

Not a chance. You can find an expert to back any whacko theory you want to come up with. The animals of the field were created for mans consumption.
                          Enjoy the tofurkey. Pretty sure my high BP is related to stress not eating backstrap.

Comment

I watch DDD and there are numerous vegetarian burgers and pizza's etc....that eat like MEAT. If I could be assured about the benefits but still have the flavor/taste, I might?

Comment

If you are truly a "vegan", where do you get your essential amino acids?

Comment

Working...
                              X