Hagerman Segment C 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crapper

BM has public bathrooms but no showers. If weather holds, freezing shouldn't be an issue (hopefully).

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
      Looking at the long range weather forecast, it could start getting wet the last half of Seg C.
      Well Grizzman, I believe I owe you a sorry bud I am starting to gather my gear and every site I check has rain starting friday and increasing thru sunday. Sorry about the doubt. see ya in the field or when you check you deer in.

Comment

Originally posted by egar1.5 View Post
        Well Grizzman, I believe I owe you a sorry bud I am starting to gather my gear and every site I check has rain starting friday and increasing thru sunday. Sorry about the doubt. see ya in the field or when you check you deer in.
        No problem, I'll be hunting anyway.

Comment

The tougher the conditions the sweeter the trophy and memories!

Comment

Yes sir, some of the most memorable hunt have been in adverse conditions, Most ended without harvesting anything but the memory. In childress several years ago it was seven degrees with the wind blowing around thirty, my hunting partner at the time was sleeping late and kept telling me it was rain to leave him alone. l when out dresses in about all the warm clothes I had, walking to the stand i realizes i was being followed by a skunk about ten yard behind me in the dark. He kept following me for several hundred yard and he was growling as we went alone. I though he was so cold he was tring to commit suiside and any closer he would have. the sit in the tripod was three of the longest hours of my life and the coldest. Did not see a thing. At one o clock that afternoon i was leaving the wind had died and it felt good enough to just have a thermal top and jeans on getting ready to leave out as I opened the gate to leave out and got back in the truck i noticed the temp in the roof of my truck was just twenty one degrees but it felt like 60.

Comment

Well we had a change of plans. It'll be saturday about mid-day before we go up to scout. Hunting partner had prior commitments he forgot about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Still plan on entering early tomorrow morning.Changed my starting place but still going in. Does anyone know if the parking areas open between hunts?

Comment

I'll be up in the morning to take a peek also.

Comment

Originally posted by egar1.5 View Post
                    Still plan on entering early tomorrow morning.Changed my starting place but still going in. Does anyone know if the parking areas open between hunts?
                    Yes, and all roads are open as well.

Comment

Just checking we can drivein if gates are open?

Comment

Gates won't be open at the parking areas but public access roads are all open.

Comment

I have neverseen them open but thought what would be great for saving the legs. Oh well after todays spread i need to walk some!!!!!!!! Hope all you had a great time with family and friend and watching the boy win again.

Comment

I heard an old guy at work say, "...If it was easy they'd be little girls out here doing it..." one time.

I think about that every time we get ready for another segment at the H. To me, the challenge is a big part of what makes this hunt special......and makes it just challenging enough to filter out a good percentage of the jackwaggon, jakeleg, nimrods that are likely to screw things up. (Notice I didn't say "All") [emoji57]

Looking forward to following along.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like I'll spend the day up there Saturday. Woke up feeling like crud this morning.

Comment

I see a maroon F-150. You a TBH'r??

Comment

Working...
                                X