X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman Segment C 2016

It didn't rain that much, way less than an inch

Comment

thats good to know. The new radar on 5 made it look a lot worse. plan on starting friday scout in Goodes north side.then work around as of now.

Comment

Yeah radar looked worse than it was.

Good luck to you buddy, following along

Comment

Seg C 2015 - never forget! good luck to all!!

Comment

You boys will have it better in Seg C than last year when we dealt with the massive flooding. That was a challenge: checking in and then having to head back to 82 and through Sadler to get over to the North side of BM. I'm still sore from the hiking and biking. Here's a taste of what's to come:

If you want to fast forward:
            - 6:30 on the timeline is my ground level encounter with a mature buck that had some points broken off the left main beam.
            - 8:53 on the timeline is where the recovery starts for the buck I took.

Had I only shot this P&Y one year later during Seg-B I could have had folks jeering me too for not holding out for a 180" monster. [emoji57]

Good luck to the Seg-C hunters. Scout hard and have multiple, solid backup spots. Looking forward to following along!

Comment

Good luck C hunters!

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                You boys will have it better in Seg C than last year when we dealt with the massive flooding. That was a challenge: checking in and then having to head back to 82 and through Sadler to get over to the North side of BM. I'm still sore from the hiking and biking. Here's a taste of what's to come:

If you want to fast forward:
                - 6:30 on the timeline is my ground level encounter with a mature buck that had some points broken off the left main beam.
                - 8:53 on the timeline is where the recovery starts for the buck I took.

Had I only shot this P&Y one year later during Seg-B I could have had folks jeering me too for not holding out for a 180" monster. [emoji57]

Good luck to the Seg-C hunters. Scout hard and have multiple, solid backup spots. Looking forward to following along!

Awesome video Booner! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the great buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

DO NOT FAST FORWARD THAT VIDEO....it is definitely worth watching the entire production. Awesome video. Thanks for taking is along.

I am sure I am hunting, or thinking about hunting.

Comment

Very good video and a great buck congrats.on your success.

Comment

RV parking/camping

I'm planning on setting my camper up for an out of town TBHer for the segment C Hagerman hunt.
                      I'm close to Big Mineral/Gordonville so I was gonna park it at Big Mineral. Prob still close to a 30 min drive to the headquarters

Where would the closest/best RV parking be? I'm not familiar with anything E of Whitesboro, lol.

Comment

Parked mine at paradise cove last year-super nice people

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                          Parked mine at paradise cove last year-super nice people

You can't go wrong at Paradise cove. Leonard and his wife are good people.

......and according to what I've read here in years past you could see a 200" deer strolling the area. [emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Will be following and hoping the armchair biologists keep their yaps shut.

Good luck ladies and gents.

I'll be a participant next year instead of an observer.
                            well said

Comment

I've stayed at Big Mineral and Paradise Cove. As above- Paradise Cove, quicker to check-in and Goode. If I was hunting Godwin I'd consider Big Mineral.

Comment

To add, Big Mineral didn't have restrooms/showers, Paradise Cove did. I hate taking a pre-hunt constitutional or shower in our trailer. Also fill up the water tank, if it freezes they may turn off the water (Big Mineral), or your hose will freeze up.

Comment

Working...
                                X