Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the biggest buck you have ever seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 inch wide 3X3 muley I spent most of my hunting season chasing here in Nevada. He looked like a giant 8 point whitetail.

I could find him at night, like clockwork, during scouting trips via spotlight. I knew where he was feeding every night. Come day light, however, he was no where to be found nor could I find his running buddies. No beds or concrete trails to follow as the area was too riddled with deer and elk sign. I never got him but I know of a youth tag holder that must have killed his smaller brother or a close bloodline buck in close to the same area.

My buddy that lives on the mountain and drives down to work every night would see him nightly as well and would give me updates as to where to find him.

He looks very similar to this buck, but a little wider and much more symmetrical frame/points.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have seen 3 no doubt 195-205 class mule deer while hunting in Southern Alberta from 2009-2013. Not shots offered on any.

On my third day on my first whitetail hunt in northern Alberta I was on two cut lines that were within 200-300 yards of each other. Had hot does around that day and I ended up killing the smallest of the 4 bucks I saw that day. He was 6x7 and scored 160. The second buck I saw that morning walked out at 200 yards and was walking away from me. I got good and set up it couldn't get a shot off. He was a no doubter 195-210 non typical with junk on both sides with lots mass. He wasn't seem again over the entire week.
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

210-220" muley I saw last week

Comment

234 low fence ks, only had doe tag. Buddy killed him week later
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447008813.300589.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	24415067

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447008831.283122.jpg
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	24415068

Comment

What is the biggest buck you have ever seen?

Probably be the one in my avatar picture or my dads. Both around 136.

Comment

Saw two low fence deer over 180" a week before the season in Webb Cty. Two years in a row it happened to me

Comment

Saw 3 in a cooler at a high fence ranch in Kaufman county. all were Non typicals. Guy I was working for said they were 230 inch plus.

Comment

Several 200-220" mule deer low fence in west Texas

Comment

189" 18 pt webb county low fence buck, I saw one evening while trying to put my son on a management buck. Went back the next morning early waiting for him and he obliged. He started walking down the sendero towards me and I did the same. Once I closed the distance, I got down on the ground with my rifle and waited for a shot. At about 200 yards he finally turned to go in the brush. He pause at the edge and the rifle reported. BBD.

Comment

I hunted mule deer in eastern Colorado 5-6 years ago. We glassed up a toad of a buck on a quarter section of crp. Kept him bedded all day but never could contact the landowner. Buck was killed by another Bowhunter the next week. I think the shot was like 12 yards and buck scored 237! Made my heart race a mile away.

Comment

I spent 5 days in a row, dark to dark, hunting this buck. saw him twice on the last day at 60 and 80 yards. Tim wells must have hunted the farm in the late season and killed him.

See Tim Wells slock a massive whitetail. Then pees his pants.
                        Last edited by pblaetz; 11-08-2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Have seen a couple of Hagerman 190s and never could get a shot. Couple of years ago I took a 167 2/8" 17pt (16 scorable) at Hagerman. Should have been about 175/176 but had one tine broken off.

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	24415098

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                            Granger WMA 8 years ago.
                            Illinois, 1998, 200+ inch 12pt, close to 300#

Comment

This One My Dad took when I was a pup!

My Dad brought this one home from Delores, Colorado when I was a pup. I'm about to turn 63, so a LONG time past. 30"+ spread, adorns my wall and will go to my son's when I'm done. Guess the "toughest" of my 3 boy's will get him....
                              Attached Files

Comment

No pics 3 different bucks all would have been 160 to 170 and LF. I have a 157 on the wall and all 3 were bigger. In chronological order.

1.Main frame 10 in the SE part of Navarro Co on the Trinity River Bottom. It was the late 90's I was in high school it was late October. He was on the opposite side of 90 acre cut. I watched him for about 40 mins. Never saw him again.
                                2. Main frame 12 in Northern Cottle Co near the Peace River. I shot my buck 1 buck the day before. There was snow on the ground it was mid December in the early 2000's. Another hunter on the place took him less than a week later. He was 167".
                                3. Late 2000's in October bow hunting again in Comanche Co. I have an hr of video of this buck. He was a mid 60's main frame 10 with 2 kickers. On one on our place or the neighbors place ever killed or saw him again. Always wonder if he was poached. I hunted so hard for that buck that year.

Comment

Working...
                                X