No announcement yet.

Borracho beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried this recipe out over the weekend. Defintiely some good eatin! Thanks!

Comment

Gonna try this tomorrow with the cold

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386451566.000840.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	24269575

And there on

Comment

Gonna try this in the pressure cooker tonight. See how they turn out faster.

Comment

Got a batch in the crock pot. Minus the beer and serranos and a hock instead of bacon. They've been in since about 11:30.

Comment

made these tonight with a little corn bread. I used my homemade bacon in the beans and the bacon grease in the corn bread was from my bacon also.I only used two chilies so my little girl could eat them too. Turned out very good

Comment

Well, didn't get to it last night. Beans and all are in the pressure cooker now.

Comment

Tried this weekend! Awesome

Comment

I just made re-fried beans out of my left over's. man they were good , Have a few bag in the freezer for later.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                      If you soak the beans and rinse them after you soak them you will fart less from eating them.
                      Great tip. It helps even more if you throw in some baking soda when you soak. It makes a difference in the gas.

Comment

For the colder weather. I had left over mamma torts soup but I'd rather have a bowl of my **** poor beans.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                          If you soak the beans and rinse them after you soak them you will fart less from eating them.
                          Where's the fun in that?

I made them tonight and they came out fantastically. The only changes I made is I used a Shiner Bock instead of a Lone Star Light because my wife drank my last one last night, and I threw in a link of jalapeno/cheese deer sausage. I also only used two peppers because when I bought them I was thinking the recipe called for two. I have never before been able to make a decent pot of beans. I am thrilled with these.

One change I might make, since I like the taste of fresh cilantro in my beans, I might hold some back until they are ready and sprinkle some on right at serving. The cilantro taste kind of gets lost in the rest of it. Still dang good beans.

Comment

This thread stinks. 😬

Comment

Made them again yesterday. Leftovers were my lunch today. Family's going to pay for it tonight.

Comment

that looks good but where's the cornbread!

Comment

Working...
                                X