No announcement yet.

LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading out sunday morning with my son. Have a few spots i want to look at. Had a guy at work tell me there is a he has a buddy that kills hogs out there all the time. In the 3 years ive been out there i havent seen any. Has anyone else seen any?

Comment

Originally posted by Brentwalkertx View Post
      Heading out sunday morning with my son. Have a few spots i want to look at. Had a guy at work tell me there is a he has a buddy that kills hogs out there all the time. In the 3 years ive been out there i havent seen any. Has anyone else seen any?
      I'll be out there checking a camera tomorrow myself. Never while hunting but driving in one moning I saw a pretty good size one crossing the road and go under a fence into a unit. This was around 4:30am though.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

They are there me and wife stalked on group of 15, another time I killed boar by him self

Comment

Ok cool. Might have to start looking around for them. Was curious if it could be true or hes full of it.

Comment

Two weeks ago I saw a bunch of good signs of pigs and heard them as the night came, no luck making a shot though.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Went out today and looked around with my son. We saw 3 deer. And found a spot that looks like hogs have been there alot. Might have to go back out next week. Anyone else go out??

Comment

Checked the camera at my new spot yesterday. Does coming through pretty regular and one hog showed up twice in about a month's time. Hopefully this remains the pattern for opening day. Didn't scout any new areas though.

Comment

Glad to hear your having stuff show up on camera.

Comment

Wish I lived closer have 3 cameras up right now planning on going end of this month got about a 5 hour drive at least I hope I still have 3 cameras there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm hoping to get out and do some scouting. I want to check out two different plots. One for signs of pigs the other to see if I can see any good signs of deer. I found this shed not to long ago and want to find a good spot for deer season.

Comment

Thats a nice shed. My son, a friend and i have been scouting a few time this year. The spots i had to myself 2 years ago had people there last year. So looking for some good new spots this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Brentwalkertx View Post
                          Thats a nice shed. My son, a friend and i have been scouting a few time this year. The spots i had to myself 2 years ago had people there last year. So looking for some good new spots this year.
                          Yeah I've been wondering about that as well, how many people will be hunting the public lands come deer season. I've found a few places that might be good spots, just hope it won't be crowded. I went out last week and found where someone has their trailcams and ladders so I'll continue scouting and looking for signs.

Comment

Always a great idea to have multiple spots scouted and ready to go on public land.

Comment

Yeah im trying to have a few spots. Still want to see some hogs. Found 2 areas ive seen signs. But still want to see onw.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                                I saw that stand about 6 weeks ago while scouting. Really surprised they laeve it year round. Especially considering its not far from the gate at all.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
                                I think everyone knows where that is. Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X