X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

following, interested to see what this really is

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      My guess is it’s a smooth bore. Which is absolutely stupid.
      Even if it was smooth it would still be NFA, just a short barrel shotgun instead of a rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
        So. It gets better . . . ATF has confirmed that no letter has been issued for this firearm according to recoil web

Read: Has Franklin Armory found an ATF loophole? from Ryan Cleckner on January 12, 2018 for Recoil.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
        The article says they are worried about "poking the bear"...ATFE with products like this. Isn't the ATFE long overdue a over haul?
        This will be interesting.

Comment

Marketing. Everyone is talking about it. Even if it is ruled an NFA item, they met their goal of getting their name talked about and generation a buzz.

Im guessing the trigger cycle is what they are going for. Fires when trigger is pulled and let off. One trigger pull essentially creates two shots.

Comment

the hype man hypeth

Comment

I am confused as of why anyone would think this is a smooth bore? This is all about barrel length verses overall length.... Nothing I read mentioned smooth barrel or shotgun, so what the heck?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Fish View Post
                I am confused as of why anyone would think this is a smooth bore? This is all about barrel length verses overall length.... Nothing I read mentioned smooth barrel or shotgun, so what the heck?
                I think some people are assuming the "Rifling" makes it a Rifle

Comment

My next build is going to be a Form 1 Suppressor welded to an 8.5" Barrel 300 Blackout. With the Suppressor welded, it becomes part of the barrel and puts the barrel length over 16". So I'm saving $200 by not needing a stamp for the SBR, only the Can

Comment

The binary trigger has been out for over a year now. I have shot a rifle with this system. The trigger group runs about $400.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                      Even if it was smooth it would still be NFA, just a short barrel shotgun instead of a rifle.
                      I'm pretty sure it has to fire a shotgun shell to be considered a shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                        My next build is going to be a Form 1 Suppressor welded to an 8.5" Barrel 300 Blackout. With the Suppressor welded, it becomes part of the barrel and puts the barrel length over 16". So I'm saving $200 by not needing a stamp for the SBR, only the Can
                        just pay the extra 2 bones & do it right...You will not be happy with it permanently attached. Everyone I know who has done this regretted it terribly.

For only $200 you now have a lifetime of multiple uppers at your disposal for your sbr if you want to make a 5.56 high volume shooting / defense gun or whatever...and for that same $200 you also saved a nice 30cal that would otherwise be melted forever to a barrel (what if it shoots like crap??) that now would be thrown around to say a 308 bolt gun, etc. or used with your future uppers mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          just pay the extra 2 bones & do it right...You will not be happy with it permanently attached. Everyone I know who has done this regretted it terribly.

For only $200 you now have a lifetime of multiple uppers at your disposal for your sbr if you want to make a 5.56 high volume shooting / defense gun or whatever...and for that same $200 you also saved a nice 30cal that would otherwise be melted forever to a barrel (what if it shoots like crap??) that now would be thrown around to say a 308 bolt gun, etc. or used with your future uppers mentioned.
                          You might also add a lifetime of triggers of your choice. Think about this, if it is a fire on release trigger, how many people are going to get in trouble by replacing the trigger at some point in the life of the weapon?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

For only $200 you now have a lifetime of multiple uppers at your disposal for your sbr if you want to make a 5.56 high volume shooting / defense gun or whatever...and for that same $200 you also saved a nice 30cal that would otherwise be melted forever to a barrel (what if it shoots like crap??) that now would be thrown around to say a 308 bolt gun, etc. or used with your future uppers mentioned.[/QUOTE]

This brings up a really good scream Rio I thought about today.....
                            correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t SBR’s built based on specific length of barrel and SPECIFIC CALIBER? Wouldn’t that mean you built a barrel length “X” and caliber “X”——— you cannot swap a different caliber upper or different length upper under the same Tax Stamp?
                            🤷*♂️—-

Comment

This brings up a really good scream Rio I thought about today.....
                              correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t SBR’s built based on specific length of barrel and SPECIFIC CALIBER? Wouldn’t that mean you built a barrel length “X” and caliber “X”——— you cannot swap a different caliber upper or different length upper under the same Tax Stamp?
                              ��*♂️—-[/QUOTE]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are getting into muddy territory depending upon when & how the paperwork was done, which ATF inspector you ask, etc...too many scenarios to cover & SC would likely be best to cover them as these 'rules' get muddy themselves as they have seemed to evolve as the popularity grew. Especially on the bbl length issues.

However, If you are going to SBR say an AR lower then make sure it's a 'multi' receiver if you plan to swap different cal uppers.
                              Last edited by Artos; 01-15-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

What's roll marked on the lower has nothing to do with it. The gun just has to be able to be returned to the original configuration that was applied for. You can permanently change the configuration after the stamp is issued, but you have to inform the ATF that you have done so. Remember with an AR, your sbr the lower, not the upper.

Comment

Working...
                                X