Think I got a snake strike on game cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I got a snake strike on game cam

Pulled cards at one of my pens this evening and saw what appears to be a rattle snake strike at a doe. I saw a rattle snake earlier that day when I was mowing that pen but by the time I made off the tractor he was gone.
    Attached Files

Either that or they didn't see it and it scared the crap out of em.

Comment

My son's hunting that pen this evening. He's on the look out for a swollen faced doe.

Comment

I would be killing that snake

Comment

Definitely keep an eye on the ground anytime your near that pen

Comment

I do. They love pens for some reason. Got three in the last two months.

Comment

Cool pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                Lots of prey around them. I have been blessed with few rattlesnakes on my leases (except for one at freer many years ago)

Comment

I just came within an inch of stepping on a 4' one Saturday in a feed pen.

Comment

Came face to face with one at the house last week while changing the element in my hot water heater. (Also had to change my pants)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                      Rodents

Hope your son (and you) is fully alert when he is going to a stand

Comment

That sucker looks as big around as the feeder leg in that first picture. Big son of a gun.

Keep him around. He's big enough he'll be eatin the raccoons around the feeder.lol

Comment

The one that eluded me Thursday while mowing was about 5'. Tried to back over him with the bush hog but he made it out of the pen. And by the time I caught up to him he was in the tall stuff. When they make it in there they got lucky with me.

Comment

I don't see the snake

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              I don't see the snake
                              In the first picture you can see him really good. Look at the base of the feeder leg on the front left. Not the feeder leg furthest to the left.

Comment

Working...
                              X