Handyman electrical work legality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    that language isn't in any standard homeowner policy, nor any Lloyd policy that I've ever read.

what carrier wrote your policy?
    I haven't read my policy but I thought it was standard in the industry because one of the guys I work with built his wife a restaurant and did all the electrical work himself. When it burned down because of an electrical issue due to improper installation, according to the fire department, his insurance would not cover the damage.

I assumed too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      I haven't read my policy but I thought it was standard in the industry because one of the guys I work with built his wife a restaurant and did all the electrical work himself. When it burned down because of an electrical issue due to improper installation, according to the fire department, his insurance would not cover the damage.

I assumed too much.
      Pretty much like this
      If your paying a premium your getting coverage unless you intentionally do damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post

I assumed too much.

Keep in mind that commercial code and residential code are much different. I’m sure the policies are as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just be glad they still let you work on your own house. in some states you cant do anything without a license and a permit.

Comment

There are stiff penalties with TDLR for doing electrical work without an electrical license. If you get caught you willl get a cease/desist order and can get a very hefty fine.

Comment

Working...
            X