X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lady or the fan

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
      I can be. Does that change what I can do? Wouldn't hire at all, or wouldn't hire for electrical?Work

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
      Well, remember electricity burns homes down. NEC (National Electric Code) basically comes from the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RDT View Post
          The lady or the fan
          Smart man.

Comment

I wired my entire Tuff Shed cabin. 5 years later, when I drive up to it, still surprises me that it hasn’t burned down.

Comment

Rough it then come back with a licensed journeyman to tie it in and pay him a good hourly wage cash
              That's what I did and it's all legal and inspected by city

Comment

What about replacing a plug, switch, light fixture, ceiling fan?

Comment

NO and No. Here is all the info you need. https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/electricians/elecfaq.htm

Comment

Not in city limits, outside your fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You cannot legally do electrical work in the State of Texas without proper licensing. It does not matter if you are in the city, county, or anywhere else. Yes, plenty of people get away with it. Alot of them keep the electricians busy...

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                        Not in city limits, outside your fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        +1, but it is very standard for small timers who flip homes to upgrade all fixtures and do granite, quick remodel, then sell...wouldn't be a bad side gig to cater to outside city limits. I do commercial Christmas lighting and landscape lighting, and I have an electrician who puts in the gfi plugs for me, and then I'm ready to run!

Comment

Some of ya'll need to read what TDLR has on their website. No work anywhere in the state of Texas except for some exemptions.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1313 View Post
                            Some of ya'll need to read what TDLR has on their website. No work anywhere in the state of Texas except for some exemptions.
                            Exactly. And like you said, there are a few exemptions. One is that you can work on your own home. I think that may be confusing some people.

Comment

Sad part is that a good percentage of master electricians have grandfathered licenses and aren't worth a damm.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
                                I can be. Does that change what I can do? Wouldn't hire at all, or wouldn't hire for electrical?Work

I would hire you but I would not ask you to do any electrical work for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X