Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could tell right away that she was going to be deadly if I got the chance !!

So after a few days I decided to go put up a trail camera at my favorite piece of public land and would take Sac along in hopes that I would bump into some hogs.
    I always walk past this tree on my way in.
    I think a couple of hogs have been here a few times!! [emoji16]

Comment

Unfortunately I did not encounter any hogs but it was a good walk and I got some stumping in along the way!
      I didn’t get a chance to shoot her much the following weeks however i did go back to check the trail cam the other day and took her along again just Incase an opportunity was presented.
      I decided to hang another trail cam close to a slough that I walk around and I found this trac of a gator close to the edge.
      Not as big as the one last year but I hope I get a pic of him!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Travels Of The Bow Sacagawea

Unfortunately my time ran out and I had to pass her along to the next player! Hopefully their time with her will be filled with success!!

Ps.. if anyone is considering a bow from Bob you can be sure you will be getting a bow that is not only well made but is also a great performer!!
        Bob is one of the best!!

Last edited by Randy Madden; 07-04-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Any specific location to get your name on the list for the Sac bow? I know it is probably a long list, but I’m considering transitioning to trad at some point in the next few years and figured it would be a good introduction.

Comment

I’m pretty sure they will do another sign up when this one gets towards the end.
            Bisch??

Comment

Originally posted by TXMark View Post
              I got Sacajawea about 5 min. ago via USPS. Gonna work up some arrows today and test her out.

Hey, Mark, what’s happening with you and Sacajawea???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                Any specific location to get your name on the list for the Sac bow? I know it is probably a long list, but I’m considering transitioning to trad at some point in the next few years and figured it would be a good introduction.

When we get down to the last couple folks on this list, a new thread will be started for a new signup list.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well I have been shooting Sacajawea some in the afternoons. Man its hot!! Got my arrows shooting pretty good and plan to take her to a 3d shoot this weekend. Not a lot of live targets this time of year so I will try and kill some foam. Will let yall know how things went.

Comment

Just put Sacajawea in the mail to DCT. Had a good time shooting her. Didn't kill anything but some foam. Went to a club shoot and took a respectable 3rd place with her. When I was out shooting in the evenings, one of the main things that kept coming to mind was the many different people that have shot this bow. I know some of them personally and consider it an honor to share the bow with them. This also made me think about all the people I have met because I shoot a Trad bow. I have hunted with bow and gun for all my life but never met so many interesting people as I have since I started going to Trad events and Hunts. I have met some of the best and worst shooters in the country at 3D shoots. I have shared a campfire with people from all over the country who I now consider my friends. I think that making new friends and being around old friends is one of the greatest things I get from shooting my bow nowadays. I still enjoy whacking a pig or deer as much as anyone else but I am usually alone when that happens. Thanks to all the people who have crossed my path because of a stick and a string.

Comment

Third place with a different bow is dang respectable. Glad you had a good time with it. I agree with you. These trad folks bring a different perspective to the adventure for sure.

Comment

One of the coolest threads on TBH, I don't shoot traditional but man this makes me want to learn.

In for the next round of sign ups...by the time it comes around maybe I'll have my own.

Awesome job guys....

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
                          One of the coolest threads on TBH, I don't shoot traditional but man this makes me want to learn.

In for the next round of sign ups...by the time it comes around maybe I'll have my own.

Awesome job guys....
                          ***WARNING*** This Trad game is very addicting! but a lot of fun.

Comment

Look what the mail man dropped off. The wife called me at work asking what did I order now lol. Going to try and shoot this weekend if the rain holds out.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by DCT; 08-03-2018, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Glad to see you got here in your hands DCT!!! I look forward to hearing more from you!

Bisch

Comment

She is on her way to DRT. Due to work I didn’t get to shoot her much. As soon as I get some time I’ll get a write put together.

Comment

Working...
                                X