No announcement yet.

Pre hunt jitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just don't shoot and you'll never wound one.

Just make sure it's close. You'll find a spot. Remember your form and follow through. You'll be fine. Sharp heads.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I limit myself to high percentage shots, for me 10 yds and under. High percentage shots result in success, success builds confidence. Confidence results in success. Enjoy the journey. Works for me, you’ll find what works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
        You shooting a compound or stick bow?
        Stick bow.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          I'd rather starve than eat Vienna sausages. Just remember to pick a very definite spot. It can be tough on a black pig. Especially in low light.

Blasphemy!! Those bbq vienna sausages are one of the 4 basic food groups.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
            Sounds like you are way overthinking it
            Agreed remember it's instinctive shooting

Comment

[QUOTE=DRT;13154171]Just don't shoot and you'll never wound one.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Ay, there's the rub!

The hardest lesson for me is to get over my fear of making a poor shot on an animal or wasting and arrow.

A caribou hunt in Alaska taught me a great lesson in that.

Comment

I get that way too. But at some point . . . And pigs are a good way to work on it.

Comment

Savor the moment, and I mean all of it from now till after the hunt.

Get you a tennis ball, or similar, hang it at your target butt, and shoot at only it.

When you get out there on your hunt, envision/imagine that ball right on the spot of the animal you want your arrow to go, and shoot at it.

Rick

Comment

Richard as you can tell from the many posts here. We are all pulling for you, and that's one part of the TBH. We always, (well mostly ) want to help each other be as successful as possible. You can also see how we as a group differ in our mental approaches. I can't "imagine" a black spot. That just does not work for me. I need to see the whole target and then focus on the spot I want to hit. I don't look for "a hair" or "put a dot there" I find the spot I want my arrow to enter the animal and then go through my shot sequence.
                    I feel like you are just nervous about making an error. Listen, we ALL have screw-ups. You concern is a great compliment about your character, but DO NOT let it cripple you. If you over anticipate a mess-up you will unfortunately Force the situation upon yourself.
                    My shooting took another big leap when I stopped trying to shoot LOTS of shots and only make a few really solid shots. Now I shoot more, but for a while, less was more.
                    Best to you Richard and RELAX- you got this. :-)

Comment

Rick hit it right on the head. Most of my out of state hunting for elk and mule deer produced tag soup and unforgettable memories. The experience is priceless!

Comment

I went out last night and shot 5 arrows before bed at 10:30. I could see the target but none of the spots on it. The patio light is 12 yards away, under the roof and partially blocked by clothes on the line. I just focused on the center and released. 3 arrows were within 3" of the center, 4 within the 6" cirlcle and the fifth right outside it and that was a bad follow through shot. You have to worry less about the tiny hair and just find a spot to focus on. Then let your training do the rest.

Comment

Working...
                        X